Draft Day—any good?

Just dawned on me that I’ve never seen it.

Worth it?

Costner sports movies are usually at least watchable.

1 Like

Watchable because it’s football-related.
Truth is, it was a horrible movie. The plot and even the acting made it feel like the whole thing went from a napkin to the cutting room in 3 weeks.

If Waterworld was on one channel and Draft Day the other, I’d chose Waterworld.

GIF by Golden Globes

1 Like

dennis hopper goodbye GIF

1 Like

I also thought it was pretty awful

Not sure who it is supposed to appeal to. Sports geeky movie made by people who aren’t sports geeks and didn’t bother to consult any.

Every decision ranges from implausible to incoherent. Difficult to suspend disbelief

You can almost believe it because it’s the Browns, but the whole film is just ridiculous.

I am one of the very few that actually enjoyed it. It wasn’t a football movie. It was a drama surrounded in a football shell. A little comedy mixed in. I will agree that some parts were… let’s just call them “unnecessary” to not flat out bash a few scenes.

No spoilers from me but I have to say that if you watch it all the way through I think some may be pleased with the outcome.

I’m probably on a pretty small island with this take.

3 Likes

The actual draft part was entertaining

1 Like

Yes I think so because it’s football.

The plot had potential. The execution was poorly done.

The believability factor kinda ruins it. Even though it is something I could see the Browns actually do…lol

The movie reminds me of trade scenarios that fans routinely come up with that have zero chance of ever happening.

Was it a horrible movie?… no

Watchable?…. Yes

Just poorly executed!

A craptastic sports romp.

1 Like

Finally watched.

Everything you said was true. Potential to be so much better.

If you guys are bored and haven’t watched it, it’s on HBO Max and passes the watchable test. It’s like Jerry Maguire without the heart.

Biggest plot misstep (and there were a few) was how the top pick was evaluated. Cringey.

1 Like

Yes, if I knew how to hide spoilers I would comment on this.

Draft Day is the Pearl Harbor of War Movies of Sports Movies.

Chester Cheetah Mic Drop GIF by Cheetos