Draft Hot takes

Hmmm, that feels like cheating somehow

It’s actually a triple with an asterisk–Willie Robert Drew Jr. So I suppose that’s beyond objectionable…

Quadruple if you consider all the people who go by Junior.

1 Like

Oh no. I don’t know how to classify triple first name players.

Just manipulating the activity a bit.

I take steeroids.

I think it’s possible we take a non-Ohtani RB in the last couple of rounds for sure. If Brad has them graded higher than the other guys, he’ll take him. Just like he did Jefferson. But outside of the deep punts (and Vaki), I doubt it.

Can we just take Ohtani? Though I totally get folks thinking it’s a gamble.

I’m glad I aired my little secret. I realized my FOMO on the quadruple first name guy is so great, that I’m trading #164 and 201 to the Panthers for #142. They also have #141 and then no pick until #240, so they should be happy.

He balances out the guy with three last names - Jackson Powers Johnson.

2 Likes

I’m trying to think of how Brad will surprise us yet again. So, how about:

Brad is the first GM to trade a current year (2024) pick for a pick in the past. He trades 29 for Seattle’s 2023’s first rounder. While everyone is laughing, the league rules that Devon Witherspoon is now a lion.

2 Likes

Sounds like a headline in the Neverland Ranch Times.

1 Like

Edgerin Cooper was my original draft crush. I think I added a couple more. I’m not sure where he gets drafted but there is no doubt in my mind he will be one of the best 25 players to come out of this draft. I was hoping to get Richardson in round 5 but I would not be surprised at all if he went in the 3rd round.

2 takes I could see. OG Cooper Beebe will be a Lion and TE Tip Reiman will be a Charger.

1 Like

I think we use at least one fourth next year an maybe another pick to move around they will want a fourth this year some how I think I think we end up with 6 picks

1 Like

Mason McCormick goes like top 50.

Round 1 sees a record number of OL (T, G, C) taken.

I’m not sure that is a hot take with regards to this specific draft, almost assured that it happens. Several of the draft guys have predicted the record will be broken for a while now, need 7 OL players taken.

That’s only because the “draft guys” stole my thunder months ago, LOL.
But if its not hot enough for you…lets say at least 8 OL will be taken in the first round.

1 Like

Brad tricks us into thinking “need” isn’t how he drafts, and how he’s okay with the CB’s they have knowing damn well they need one bad, and dupes some team trading up in the top 12 to get Terrion Arnold only losing a 3rd rounder, but gains a 4th round pick.

What I think WILL happen. Brad trades up for Cooper DeJean (Iowa), and then celebrates by giving everyone belly to belly suplexes. Injuring a few people. Dan says “not again” as he holds in the pain.

3rd round pick. Someone will fall. A few players everyone will pound the table for. Brad trades up in the 3rd for a power running back. Passing on the guys everyone screamed for. And the players everyone wanted would have still be there without a trade-up.

Obviously, Brad will draft a few injured guys, but this isn’t a “hot-take”.

My nightmare scenario is trading up for Bowers.

1 Like

6 qbs go in top 12 picks.

2 Likes

You’d come around. I promise.