Draft Hot takes

Mine:

• JPJ, Newton, McKinstry don’t go in the 1st.
  • Edgerrin Cooper does go in the 1st.
  • Decamerion Richardson, Nathan Thomas, Nehemiah Pritchett, Dominique Hampton, Myles Cole, Eric Watts go day 2.

What are yours?

Jamari Thrash has a better career than half of the WRs taken in the first round.

1 Like

He’s been creeping up my board of late. Been watching Louisville for a couple of their OL and his speed just pops. He plays so much faster than the other guys.

Steve Smith loves Thrash. Not sure if it’s a great thing with his track record though.

Mine is a closely guarded secret which unfolds after I’ve pinned the essentials of my mock draft on Days 1 and 2. So don’t tell anyone.

Quan’tez Stiggers and Willie Drew at #103 and #164, respectively. I have them closely grouped and have considered Drew at #103. I just think Drew is more likely to survive to #164 than Stiggers.

Much like Brad when he was lathering for Levi, I want, I want, I want them both. I’d flip #201 to move from #164 up to #140 or so, if it was necessary to snag Drew.

Brad makes 5 draft day trades… i guess that’s not even a hot take at this point though

2 Likes

The Bears will regret not trading the 1st overall pick.

This QB class in general will match the 2021 class where they won’t live up to the hype.

Chop Robinson will once again show why you don’t draft an athlete that doesn’t produce on the field.

The medical concerns about Latu will seem silly. Guy will be a stud.

6 Likes

Jalen Carter returns to the draft after claiming he wasn’t at last years… sound familiar? :wink:

1 Like

Also…

Any team trading up in the first round for a QB will later regret it.
The WRs will live up the hype. They’ll be great.

Drew’s not as old as Khyree or some of the other corners, but he does turn 24 before the season starts. Not so bad the further you get into day 3 (where everyone’s old), but 103 seems rich to me. His medicals will also be important, and of course we won’t have access to those. But he did have one of those catastrophic knee injuries where he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus on the same play. But that was in 2019 and from his testing it’s clear his athleticism’s back. Just wonder about the structure of the knee.

Nor is he as good at football

Nor is he that

Did you get a chance to check out those Daijahn Anthony highlights I posted in the other thread? He really seems like the type of guy you’ll like, though I don’t know anything about his PFF numbers and thus his ranking on the Davicometer.

Caleb Williams will not be a Chicago Bear

Now that’s a spicy meatball

Mike Mamula

1 Like

I agree Drew is unlikely to go at #103, though there are worse things in my view. In any case, I’m taking Stiggers at #103–I’m fairly confident he’ll be there–and hoping Drew makes it to #164. I may be too influenced by Stigger’s Shrine Bowl clips of him tightly mirroring WRs. But like I said, I’m lathering like Brad with Levi on the board.

1 Like

Yet. I have 3 years of wriggle room, during which time you’ll forget my blather… :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve made my double first name objection known. Kerby seemed like an exception but now I’m not so sure.

1 Like

Hot take;

The Lions are going to draft a RB.

I’m going to count Vaki bc…:

winning charlie sheen GIF