Draft Poll: ***Official Draft Day thread ***

Thought Ted’s “Annual Den Mock Draft Contest” was the official thread. Anywho, here’s mine from that thread.

Rd. 1 = (DT) D Brown
Rd. 2 =(OLB) P Queen
Rd. 3 = (S) K Duggar
Rd. 3 =(RB) C Akers
Rd. 4 = (OT) B Bartch
Rd. 5 =(WR) Q Cephus
Rd. 5 = (OT) C Heck
Rd. 6 =(QB) A Gordon
Rd. 7 =( P ) B Mann

DT is a much bigger hole than any other position on the defense. Are the Lions not paying 2 CBs top 20 money? Lions have nothing at DT. Danny Shelton on a one year deal is nothing. I am not a huge fan of taking a DT high… but Quinn is a need base drafter and DT is clearly the highest need and it’s not close.

1 Like

An abundance of needs, which reflects poorly on Quinn given his time here. I was negative the day he was hired, but hopefully he can change my thinking today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Good God NOOOOO! but this does look like a BQ move. he has cap money, so this really scares me. With a high pick in round 2 you can get a Thuney way cheaper and keep your #3 pick if you want a guard that bad.

[quote=“iggy14, post:23, topic:4940, full:true”]

Their secondary got torched last year and they went from Slay to Trufant and Melvin to Harmon or Oruwariye. Maybe the secondary got torched due to the lack of pass rush which also wasn’t addressed so yeah, many needs.However, it’s hard to argue that DT is their weakest unit, I just think it’s a lot closer than you think.

I just thought about this, since this year there’s no live event for the draft… Does that mean no Twitter leaking the pick ahead of time? I’d assume everyone finds out at the same time now.

FYI - The Lions are having one.

https://www.detroitlions.com/draft/virtual-draft-party

Neat story

1 Like

You can select more than one. :smiley:

A little draft trivia for you.

Since 1970 what college program have the Lions drafted from the most?

Hint: We have taken 13 players from this program.

What’s your best guess.

I’m startin’ to dig this!

1 Like

If Lions make a trade with Pats it will be a blockbusta! Does Belichick want to coach out his final years with whatever rookie QB he can get at #23?

I presume J. Simmons in the poll is I. Simmons.

I’m still thinking he’s the pick, hopefully with some added draft capital.

I think he meant JK Simmons.

***** Starting Chant *****
“D. Brown in a trade down!”
“D. Brown in a trade down!” “D. Brown in a trade down!” “D. Brown in a trade down!” “D. Brown in a trade down!”

Not that I want D. Brown that bad but I love that it Rhymes.

Yeah it was a typo and the system won’t let you edit it. See post about about this.

I wonder if any tech-savvy person(s) out there have hacked into the team’s feeds to Goodell, and will be giving the picks early on social media? Or worse – hacking it and putting stupid names in.

Heywood Jablowme

Barry McCockiner

You mean like this?

Sure am diggin’ on all this trade down chatter (watching NFL Network).