DT Jeffrey Simmons hits the Titans in the wallet!

4 years $94M

3 Likes

DT’s are getting paid.I actually thought he might hit 100 mill, darn close to it. Wonder what the guaranteed money is.

1 Like

Wowza.

2 Likes

DTs and WRs are now the position to draft high. Those contracts are bonkers.

5 Likes

$66 mill guaranteed per ESPN

2 Likes

Dominant DT’s getting paid big money makes sense because they are so hard to find, kinda like franchise QB’s. WR’s on the other hand making huge money, doesn’t make as much sense since the draft is often filled with good, young WR’s. Shit we got St. Brown in round 4.

Everyone makes fun of the Vikes these days, but the previous GM, who is Spielman’s brother made some very smart moves at WR. Drafted Diggs in round 5, he played great and they didn’t want to pay him. Traded him to the Bills for several magic beans including a 1st rounder and then drafted the best WR in the nfl in Justin Jefferson late in the 1st round.

Hopefully Chris is getting some advice on WR’s to draft.

1 Like

lightning

ssss…sssssix…sssixty…ssssixty six MILLIION!

1 Like

great movie!!!

1 Like

Carter is cheap, he’s our pick.

3 Likes

If Carter isn’t the pick… I really think the Lions take someone like Ika in the 2nd to bolster the run defense. They have several options to rotate a big DE inside on passing downs to generate pressure. I don’t think they’re going to get someone like Kancey or AA and plug them in at DT on early downs.

2 Likes

Yeah I never got into the trade for Simmons rumors. He’s the type of dude you build a Defense and Franchise around. 25-26 years old

1 Like

Good deal for both.

Agreed, I don’t see a 280 pounder being in there on 1st down. You could still start Buggs and Alim in that scenario. And then have them come off the field on passing downs for Paschal and AA for example. Cominsky also moves inside. Lots of options.

Ideally you have a stud DT than can play all 3 downs, but those dudes are extremely hard to find.

1 Like

Exactly… Carter is the stud DT, which is why if he’s not the pick @ 6, I don’t think they try to find someone to play that roll… At least not in the draft.

3 Likes