Eagles Fielding calls for DE Josh Sweat

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1766481559031271482

Seems like Eagles, due to their cap situation, can only keep one of sweat or reddick, and then extend the other.

Both are on the last years of their deals, but Sweat is 26 and younger

1 Like

Interesting guy. Really liked him the year he came out but man, you want to talk about an injury risk. He barely played in college because of them iirc (that’s probably an exaggeration, but he had some bad ones).

But ever since, he’s been relatively healthy. Why can’t we have that kind of luck?

1 Like

Hock’s bean enough?

Edit- Just saw that he has one year left on his deal At a 1.25 million dollar salary Which would be amazing Though if Is looked at his long-term solution It may be necessary to extend.

I think it comes down to what they think about Houston being healthy and ready

1 Like

Most likely yes

also another reason Sweat could be shopped is cause of Fangio running a 3-4, where Sweat is much better in the 4-3 system (which is ours currently, even if it’s more 4-2-5).

so hes a scheme fit atleast, and younger compared to Reddick, and likely costs less in terms of draft compensation and money

2 Likes

I think some of that was Florida State with a load management approach. The high school knee injury was just about as catastrophic as they come; ACL, PCL, MCL, dislocation and talk of amputation due to potential artery damage that fortunately never came to fruition.

My recollection is that most of the college stuff was conservatism and load management by the FSU staff.

I’m not concerned about the injury. But why in the hell would Howie trade him to us?

2 Likes

Yeah I couldn’t remember it exactly, I knew you’d be on it. I just remember the sort of horrific nature of whatever happened to him.

Probably, he wouldn’t. But can’t hurt to ask right?

Yep. And this…

It was a terrible, terrible injury. But the guy was a Paul Bunyan figure before that. He was so highly thought of that he remained a five star despite a damn near amputated leg.

I’d love this move for say a 3rd but I think Howie could get them from say the Texans replacing Greenard and not have to worry about strengthening a conference competitior.

2 Likes

Give them the swift pick.

1 Like

That feels like a sidegrade personally, but huff would be cheaper i guess

Wonder what they are asking? Would be a nice pair! Sweat and Hutch. I think we need a starting CB and a starting DE/DT in FA/trade. Resign Glasgow and a 3rd tier CB to play Nickel/dime/special teams since we are not bringing back are own guys.

• not bring back are own guys at CB at least that is what it seems.

I don’t think we’ll do anything much in FA.

But this wouldn’t be FA, it would be a trade.

Unless you’re saying you don’t believe we’ll do anything much all off-season, which is certainly possible.