Eagles' Matt Patricia shakeup makes zero sense based on every NFL job he's had the past few years

an American football executive who is a senior executive consultant for the Cleveland Browns

What-would-you-say-it-is-you-do-here GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

Talk about a team effort.

1 Like
1 Like

Plot twist…Slay is currently faking his injury in protest of Patricia calling plays. :joy:

1 Like

office space GIF by Maudit

Thats like bringing in Eric Ebron to solve blocking issues.

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

I’ve looked at a LOT of job resumes. Some people are very good at selling themselves but not that great at performing their jobs. They have a lot of jobs in a fairly short period of time.

Angry Office Space GIF

The Eagles have the 28th rated defense in the league. Total pretender this year. I guess Patricia is going to save them? :grinning:

Lift with your legs, fellas.

But wait, they have Jalen Carter & Jordan Davis & Fletcher Cox in the middle–how could that be?

Losing their DC last year had a big impact for sure. The new DC now demoted for Fatty P. They are getting desperate. So that’s 3 different DC’s in less than a year

They also really miss CJGJ who led the nfl in INT’s last year

And quit slouching!

The defense is shit because his hands are on it. They fired the wrong guy IMO

Hey! Who coulda seen this trainwreck coming??

train discover GIF

1 Like

Gotta give him some credit, he has at least learned how to groom himself. The days when he just let his beard grow out during the season are gone.

Watching the game yesterday against the Bucs left me feeling like the Eagles have no leaders and/or the trust is broken between players and coaches.

In thinking about the guys the Eagles DID draft and/or have on their roster many I would call turds. Guys who people have wondered how much they love football and/or work their craft.

I Love Slay but he is a good player who needs leaders (like a Glover Quin around him). Jalen Carter? The HUGE DT (David I think). The Georgia LBer. Where are the leaders? Swift was traded mostly , I believe, based on locker room issues (why else trade him for that little?).

Patricia has a history or eroding leadership. Eroding the joy of the game. The Eagles looked like a joyless team yesterday. That means they looked like a Matt Patricia team.

2 Likes

It absolutely looked like a roster without leadership.

But you have to ask yourself why. They have a nucleus of well-respected veterans on that squad.

As satisfying as it is to blame Patricia for the mess, in reality he was promoted due to defensive failures. At 11-6, they still managed to only score net points of +5 on the year.

I wonder… and this is only thinking out loud… Were their vets a little too veteran? Were there too many vet days and entitled behaviors due to the amount of time they’d been in the league and the amount of post-season play they’ve amassed?

I don’t know. There’s gotta be a reason that Superbowl favorites check out.

2 Likes