Edit: Broncos trade Randy Gregory to 49ers

I guess Gregory is the reason they gave up 70 points…
:smirk::man_shrugging::hushed::melting_face::flushed:

Back to Cowboys?

1 Like

I guess this proves the Broncos aren’t tanking. If they were, they would have kept him as a starter.

2 Likes

Isn’t he supposed to be ok? But he played like crap for the Broncos is my understanding. I don’t know a ton about him.

Would we be interested?

Pretty sure he is a giant turd.

2 Likes

Man… between Jackson from the Chargers and Gregory from the Broncos, it’s crazy to see these big deals flame out in year two. He was a 2022 FA.

This will tag the Broncos with a big dead-money hit. They had signed Gregory to a five-year, $69.5MM deal in free agency…

Ouch on those dead money hits.

I’m glad it’s not us for once…

1 Like

He has an interesting recovery story…
but I still don’t think he will get a call from Allen Park.
Has been suspended 4 times for substance issues…
including a full season. He was always caught with marijuana by the NFL… though he admitted to cocaine and extasy use in the article below.

Chandler Jones as well… looks like he was paid $32.5 million for 1 year of play. Not bad for a 3-yr, $51 million contract.

I will give you the short and sweet on Randy Gregory. He is “ok.” He is also a turd. He had to go the JUCO route to get to a D1 school because of academics. He failed his drug test at the combine, because he was too stupid to stop doing drugs for a few months before the combine. He has been suspended several times in the NFL.

Here is the part that still makes me chuckle and never even dream about picking him up. During the offseason process when players fly around the country to meet with prospective NFL teams, Gregory kept missing meetings or was late. Here is a kid that failed a drug test at the combine and needs to put his best foot forward, and is flaking out on meeting teams! One story in New Orleans had the team flying him out and putting him in a hotel. Gregory never showed up to the facility, and at one point flew out of New Orleans without ever meeting with the team or giving an explanation. There were at least 2 other teams (as reported by Adam Shefter) that Gregory flaked out on and missed the meeting completely.

4 Likes

or trade him……

I can’t stand flaky people

Looks like the way to get rid of player. Trade player and a 7th for a 6th round pick…

On the surface this looks like a 1 year rental. He is absolutely DIRT CHEAP for this season. As far as I can tell, his cap hit for the 49ers is the same as Colby Sorsdal. But next year and beyond he will never be worth that kind of money, so they will move on.

1 Like

This goes back to the fact that you never trust people with two first names. I know that there are some on here. I’m on to you.

2 Likes

So what your telling is that Dan is calling his agent?

A poster here said last week “its weird to see guys like Kerry Hyder still playing in the NFL.” The 49ers said “don’t worry, we’ll fix that.”

1 Like

A lot of guys trusted Ashley Madison, and we saw how that worked out for them.

2 Likes