Eggnog. yes or no?

Allright kids. It’s almost that time again. The holidays! That means food. Football family and food

So my question, who here is team eggnog? I always loathed the stuff until the last few years and have been playing around with recipes.

Anyone have a great family recipe for the stuff? Or any holiday recipes in particular?

Last christmas my neighbors and I enjoyed the abelskivers suggested by @1CasanovaJack

1 Like

Team eggnog here.

The number of amazing cocktails you can make has made it a staple.

2 Likes

You have a favorite eggnog cocktail? I’m also going to try my hand at eggnog pie I came across on the internets

Easy Eggnog Pie • Love From The Oven >

Though I’d replace Cool Whip with a homemade whipped cream stabilized with a touch of gelatin. Cool Whip is vile

2 Likes

I love eggnog but I can’t have too much or I’m making really loose yule logs later on.

1 Like

I did a trial run on turkey last night. Spatchcock’d a 15 lb bird and smoked it on the Traeger. Perfectly cooked in 2 hours

3 Likes
2 Likes

I had a roommate from Puerto Rico. She made us coquito which is the Puerto Rican version of eggnog. It was amazing. She made one with rum and one with amaretto. Both fantastic. I highly recommend. It’s also very easy to make.

4 Likes

you’ve made this one? I haven’t been disappointed with any Alton Brown recipes. I may give this one a go this weekend if it needs to age a little

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve never heard of this but definitely going to give it a try. I love coconut

2 Likes

You’ll have to let me know what you think. You won’t be disappointed. It’s disturbingly good.

2 Likes

I haven’t aged it for more than 10 days. This crushes. I use Bulleit. If you search reddit, there’s some fantastic variations some have made.

2 Likes

I see the recipe called for a blend of liquors. That was what I was wondering. I’d be tempted to just use Bourbon. I’ve got a bottle of Buffalo Trace on my shelf looking for a purpose

1 Like

Didn’t you state a while ago that you were too damn fat?

If so, the eggnog is a no go. At least “normal” eggnog with plenty of sugar.
Get a recipe for Keto or Low Carb eggnog.

1 Like

I used to be too damn fat. Then I Trifecta’d myself back in shape. If I’m going to make eggnog I’m happily diving deep into the calorie and carb pool

2 Likes

I have 1 tiny glass of eggnog every Dec 25th. 90 percent rum…10 percent egg nog. That’s usually enough for another 365 days.

3 Likes

Eggnog !!!

I don't negotiate with idiots. on Tumblr

2 Likes

Bourbon
Egg nog
Cinnamon

More bourbon if needed.

2 Likes

Hell yes

1 Like

My cigar smoking buddies and I add rum unless Kirk is back from Condom, France, with some Armagnac.

1 Like

Michael J Fox No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

toilet GIF

1 Like