Estimated 53 Man + PS Cap Hit

I bet the lions are appealing the CJ more cap hit.
The 700k difference is his bonus. Reporte are hes keeping it but experts expect him to loose it.

1 Like

The Lions got a $8.5M judgement against Charles Rogers, but got nothing because Rogers spent the money already.

I don’t think the Lions will get the $700K already paid to him, but yea, I don’t think they’ll have to pay any more of the guaranteed money owed (goes against what Florio thinks).

1 Like

Agree here completely on keeping the OL intact.

I don’t think they let Jackson walk. The Lions are just stepping into their playoff run window. Why let a key cog at LG go after investing in thousands of reps in this offense in him? Don’t think they want to have to start retraining a rook all over again in 2024.

Especially true when Ragnow’s health is a top concern going forward. If they are going to reinvest in IOL, it had better be in a top natural C prospect early in the draft next year.

2 Likes

He better lose that money. Dude was betting on ■■■■■■■ nfl games while playing in the league at the same time.

Williams lost his signing bonus for those 6 games.

I imagine its all behind the scenes stuff working that out.

I think it’s just not guaranteed now, but he could still get that money if the Lions keep him for the duration of his rookie deal. He does lose 6 game checks for sure.

1 Like

Even if he keeps his money the Lions should receive a credit against the 2024 cap. They don’t get their money back but they at least don’t get penalized with dead money.

2 Likes

Actually, if they don’t get any SB money back from Williams, they won’t get a credit. They have to pursue it in order to get a credit and I’m not 100% positive they could get a credit on the signing bonus paid. The Lions will, however, receive a $383K credit this year for his base salary (6 games over 18 weeks).

What Williams lost was his future guarantees on his base salaries and roster bonuses of $1.5M (2023), $2.3M (2024) and $3.1M (2025). Which if he isn’t cut it won’t matter and if the Lions did get fed up with him and cut him, he’d probably earn the bulk of that back from a new contract.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.