Evan Brown signs with Seahawks

Seahawks signed OL Evan Brown, formerly of the Lions, to a one-year contract.

I checked 3 times before I posted, if I missed it I aplogize, if not I am surprised it hasn’t been posted.

Brown has played both center and guard over the past few seasons for Detroit. Seattle’s center depth chart is a mess after Austin Blythe’s retirement, so that probably makes the most sense as a spot for Brown at the moment. This contract is likely not so big that it will prevent the Seahawks from adding more competition at the position via free agency or the draft.

Doubt we get a comp pick now correct?

We talked about it some in the GG signing thread… interesting that Brown only got a 1 year deal, he’s in his prime, 26 years old. Not much of a market for him it seems. Lions fans clearly overestimated his value, myself included. Thought he’d get a 2 or 3 year deal based on age and ability to play center and guard.

2 Likes

My original guess was 2 year 10 million. Do we know the terms? People on here had crazy talk about him getting a huge bag. I never understood that

1 Like

He had to have gotten more than the 4.5 we gave Glasgow or i think we would have brought him back

2 Likes

Glasgow > Evans. Short term, a win?

1 Like

Detroit version of Graham is better. Denver version not so much

1 Like

Thats true 2021 he was hurt bad ankle Last season the whole team was screwed up from QB to just about all positions.

1 Like

I’m cool with the signing. I just want a healthy Vaitai or some high caliber draft pick as our starter at RG.

1 Like

He did not get as much as I thought he would, no where near what i thought.

5 Likes

Interesting… maybe he wants a chance to start and this is his first prove it deal to get paid next year?

1 Like

Wow, cheap, real cheap. Clearly not much interest. Similar to Elliot’s contract with the Fins. I think Brown made more last year.

2 Likes

I think maybe we overvalued our players. Brown $600K Signing bonus, $1.2M Base, per game roster bonus of $200K, $25K workout bonus and $1M in playing time incentives (just short of getting $500K). $2,013,235 for 2022.

8 Likes

The way I see it is they are taking 1 year prove it deals while still young to get the chance to start and then hopefully get a better contract. I don’t think either of them had a chance to start if they came back so that probably explains why they took deals where they did, betting on themselves in a way

1 Like

I think he thought he would get more an when he saw the Centers go fast an then Lions signing a Vet he grabbed what he could

2 Likes

I agree

We Lions fans have a tendency to overestimate the value of our own players. Guys that the rest of the league says “meh” about, we think are stars.

3 Likes

True, that being said though. Deshon Elliott and Evan Brown are good deals for the fins and hawks.

Solid SS and C when called upon

3 Likes

Yea I would have liked to keep them both for those amounts. I’m guessing they both wanted a chance to start with another team?

1 Like

I’m really astonished at this.
A guy entering his prime who is a good to very good center and an average to good guard.
First, he got so little. Second that we didn’t sign him for that.
There’s some reason that none of us saw.

Yeah but the sites like over the cap usually predict things fairly well? @Deadstroke ? Weren’t we going off of that?