Everybody take a deep breath…

Four games in… in what almost all of us thought was going to be a brutal year. We knew our WRs were not going to be able to help much, and our safety situation was dubious at best. LBs were also a big question mark. So far, we are seeing what most of us expected, even though some of us hoped for better results. I do want to insert here, that if Tucker had not been able to kick that FG last week, the team might have come out differently yesterday against the Bears.

We have been devastated by some injuries… they happen to all teams, but we don’t have the depth to overcome them yet. We’ve lost our best OT, CB, DE… and Ragnow for a bit now too.

But we all knew this was a rebuilding year. Looking at the positives, we have better running game than we’ve seen in maybe ten years. And simply put, we’re trying to build on the fly with a team of rag tags, that are all trying get on the same page still.

It’s not time to bench Goff, fire MCDC, or move the team to London. I fully realize that my expectation of 7 wins is very unlikely to happen, but it’s looking like we’ll have 3 of the first 34 picks in the next draft.

I doubt that BH will use one of those on a QB, when he has a QB he’s very familiar with, who has been to the NCFC, pro bowls, and simply is very hard to evaluate completely under these circumstances.

What were waiting for friends, is dead money to come off the books after this season. That’ll be when BH and MCDC will have the best opportunity to make significant strides towards righting the ship.

Goff, JWill, Swift, Hock, Decker, Ragnow, Sewell, Cepheus, Amon, ROkwara, JOkwara, Barnes, Okudah, Oruwariah, Levi, McNeil, Strong, and maybe a few others will be back to help form the nucleus…

Keep the faith peeps… the tunnel is long… the light is there… if you’re not looking forward, you won’t see it. If you’re looking backwards you’ll see a dim light of all that has gone wrong over the last 60 years.

8 Likes

I love the sentiment, but feel a perverse need to write an equally eloquent post from the dark side. Bravo though, and well written :clap:

1 Like

All true, still so very hard to live through.

1 Like

I needed that. Thanks!

1 Like

The team is undergoing chemo for the Quintricia cancer…a rare but very aggressive disease. Eventually our hair will grow back and our appetite will resume. Thirty two teams out there and we get stuck with this sickly mess.

3 Likes

Great is your pic sharp too

Of course we’re all looking to the future, we’re Lions fans. It’s four games in and we’re talking about the draft. You wanna chalk it up to the cupboard being bare? Fine. No doubt this team lacks talent. What I really want to see is competent coaching, good schemes, players being used to the best of their abilities and being able to make good adjustments. Right now I truly believe Dan Campbell can be the coach that gets us to the promise land but it’s clear he needs to improve as well.

2 Likes

I expected our team to struggle as we rebuild talent.

I didn’t expect the coach to be a moron and make it harder for them to win because of his decisions.

1 Like

N E V E R!!!

tinder GIF

2 Likes

Bald Is Beautiful Cory Booker GIF by Election 2020

Sorry about the CNN

1 Like

IDK man, MCDC is looking more like a meathead each week. Needs a sharper shovel and better pad level.

Completely disagree. Time will tell. I supported Patricia early on as well.
Dan is different, and he’s gonna build a culture here that we’ve never had.
It sure would be helpful if we had a Barry Sanders type that gave the entire team faith that we literally always have a chance.

Hold him to 19 yards in the first half, then in the 2nd half he comes out and torches them for 203 more. HAHAHAHAHAHA…■■■■ you, Tampa. LOL. I remember Hardy Nickerson threw his legs after a tackle at the end of the first half in that game. Not positive that was a factor, but I’m totally guessing it poured some hot sauce on top of that serving.

Still love you Barry!