"Expert" Predictions: Cowboys "Destroy" Lions

that’s good news

they seem almost Jim Schwartz-like circa 2011-2013

Lions at Cowboys (-6)

After two straight losses, the Cowboys need to re-establish themselves, quickly.

Florio: Cowboys, 34-27.

Simms: Cowboys, 24-20.

@Cowboys (10-5, -5 1/2) over Lions (11-4), 32-23: Our Game of the Week runnerup and lone Saturday matchup is worthy of the prime time stage. Both teams are playoff-clinched but with very little shot at getting NFC’s No. 1 seed so stakes aren’t real high – but this should be a fun shootout nonetheless. I like Dak Prescott vs. a Lions secondary that gave up 411 air yards to Nick Mullens last week. Also, Dallas has won 15 straight at home by an average margin of almost 19 points, and five in a row over Detroit Expect ‘Boys to bounce back big from loss in Miami.

I think Dallas wins… If Sutton is out that hurts a lot.

Psychologically the Lions will likely come in complacent and the 2 loss Cowboys hungry. If anyone can overcome it’s Dan.

The biggest xfactor to me is McCarthy. He is known to take it easy when he can. At this point it’s unlikely to change the seeding much for the Cowboys so I can definitely see him taking it easy and thus the team will feed off that energy.

DC is going to bring the energy and purpose.

Birkett’s Prediction

The Lions are coming off an emotional win over the Vikings that clinched their first division title in 30 years, so it’d be natural if they came out a little flat Saturday — even under the lights of primetime — in a game that matters for playoff seeding. If that happens, the Lions could be in for a long night trying to dig out of a hole against a relentless Cowboys pass rush and a team that hasn’t lost at home since Week 1 of the 2022 season. I don’t think the Lions are complacent, but I also don’t think they match up well with Prescott and Dallas’ dangerous passing game. The Lions need to control the game with their rushing attack to win this one, while the Cowboys have scored at least 30 points in every home game this year. The pick: Cowboys 34, Lions 27.

https://sports.yahoo.com/detroit-lions-vs-dallas-cowboys-111102128.html

Can’t argue to much with that Birkett prediction.
I think both offenses have strengths that match the opponents defensive weaknesses.
Cowboys passing game.
Lions running game.

Monarrez picks Lions to win in OT. What’s the world coming to?

I’ve been channeling Drew Sharp and he said the same thing. Well that and he’s concerned with my recent gummy uptick. It’s crazy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.