Fact or Fiction: Must Lions' First-Round Pick Start Immediately?

For CB, should be fact.

For any other position, fiction.

No, but I would really hope they’re so good they force their way into the lineup.

6 Likes

Exactly… gotta earn it.

Say for example we draft a corner round 1 he’s gotta beat out Robertson.

Say we draft an olineman…he’s gotta beat out Glasgow or Zeitler. That won’t be easy to do and it’s a very good thing for the overall depth of the roster.

I don’t see any position where a 1st rounder is handed a starting spot unless we have injuries in camp.

2 Likes

Only 2nd rounders are sure-fire starters now

4 Likes

I think that they are going to want a high floor player that can contribute early. Whether Holmes admits to a “window” or not the window is now. Does that mean starter? I would hope so, but you never want to hand a job to somebody.

I don’t think we have to worry about that too much, not even with a corner. Dan and AG will not put a rookie out there because he’s the shiny new toy.

1 Like

Well, if we need a starter with the first round pick…

KICKER BABY.

Let’s go. Do it Holmes. Make everyone’s head explode…

1 Like

Contribute early, yes.
Starter, no.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I know ur kidding… but is there any legit kickers in the draft? Obviously not 1st round but any kickers with high grades? @Thats2 @CuriousHusker what say you?

I’ve been hyping Josh Karty for awhile. He’s my favorite option, followed by Cam Little. Harrison Mavis is interesting but mostly cause he’s a fatty

2 Likes

And the Mevis & Mutthead meme potential. Are you cool with Jack Fox being referred to as “Mutthead”, @BigNatty?

1 Like

A fat kicker you say…this made me laugh…

2020 Freshman · 6’0" 220 lbs
2021 Sophomore · 5’11" 236 lbs
2022 Junior · 5’11" 243 lbs.

So he’s getting shorter and fatter by the year. :laughing:

His nickname is the thiccer kicker

Backup center and place kicker at his current weight gain rate.

Maybe he can long snap to himself

rarely happens for a CB. They are always a project in the first year.

Hope cb is round 2

Definately like-to, yet there is a possibility that they do not.

Now we’re just getting into Jared Lorenzen levels.

What a freaking reversal that has been!

GIF by The Titan Games