Falcons pick Pennix at 8. What do you think?

I watched Fontenot’s presser.

Wont be watching him give pressers after 2025. He reeks of all 3 Peter Principles

Overpromoted to level of incompetence

Going to be crucified upside down

Probably a dick

1 Like

Plus!

He has a French name.

Name 1 French guy in NFL history worth a shit.

NOTE-Bobby Hebert was Cajun, doesnt count.

2 Likes

Tear it down, Terry it down. Tomato, Tomato.

I think crack is a hell of a drug and we just don’t talk about enough anymore.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think Charlie Campbell’s grade says it all:

Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Falcons: Michael Penix Jr., QB, Falcons – MILLEN Grade
Wow, the Falcons screwed this up. Why did they sign Kirk Cousins if they had plans to draft Michael Penix? Why draft Penix if they spent so much money on Cousins? By signing Cousins, they were going all in, but now they’re building toward the future? It makes no sense. This is an example of a bad owner meddling when he shouldn’t.

However, the Falcons weren’t alone in receiving the dreaded grade:

Denver Broncos: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon – MILLEN Grade
This reminds me of the Vikings drafting Christian Ponder or the Jaguars drafting Blaine Gabbert. Both quarterbacks were second-round prospects who were pushed way up because of position and need. This is the case here, as Nix should be a second-round selection. The Broncos, however, were very desperate for a quarterback and were backed into a corner. They should have traded back and tried to get Nix.

1 Like

We laughed at the Packers for taking Love for a long time, I know I did, you get a good QB it’s never a bad move. That said JJ McCarthy was a reach in my book. Thanks Vikes.

1 Like

“If 28-3 was a draft pick”

Perfect.

“Draft Grade-Millen”

Also perfect

2 Likes

Hooker has a soul brother.

Also, somewhat like Hooker getting the number 2, I want Penix to get #8.

There is a no trade clause. Unless you expect Pennix to sit two years behind cousins (possible), this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1783889378357481909

I thought Penix was the best QB in college before he played Michigan. After seeing him get rocked by a NFL style D, I don’t know what to think now.

1 Like

Think it’s a good move. Cousins 36 and he’s not the future. At worst he plays 2 years then Pennix slides in ala Jordan Love.

Usually winning teams don’t get the opportunity to get a decent QB. This is why I’m glad we took Hooker. In the event Goff flops or gets injured we can potentially keep the train moving

2 Likes

Cousins is one hit away, rookie QB He’s one hit away too

3 Likes

I agree 100% with this. I always thought the old way was best for the player. Sit for a year or two. Full develop as a player, get used to being a professional athlete, and mature as a man. I don’t know about anyone else but the person I was at 21 isn’t who I was at 24. Unfortunately with the money these guys are being paid , and the win now nature of the nfl, don’t really allow for that anymore.

1 Like

I noticed he has an extra “n” in the name now. Apparently the Penix is growing.

Weather Boner GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I heard a theory that the Falcons drafted a QB now because they think the NFL is coming down hard on them for the tampering and Cousins is 35…like maybe they won’t have a first rounder next year.

My take is that Ridder was so bad that they overreacted and didn’t have a really solid game plan. If they were going Penix, take a less expensive easier to let go veteran QB.

How long did Rodgers sit behind Farve?
How long did Love sit behind Rodgers?
How long will Hooker sit behind Goff?
Developing a QB over time used to be how it was done. The smart teams still do it that way or they find themselves the Brady-less Patriots.

Insurance against K.C. injury (again) right now and plan of the future in a couple years

I am the opposite of many in that I don’t hate “the plan” but think Penix will bust out. He did his work against non-existent P12 defenses and the one time he played a great D he was totally in panic mode.

Panic mode usually doesn’t work in the NFL. Watching him slice up P12 defenses reminded me of how unstoppable Matt Stafford was in the No Defense Pro-Bowl. Different world when NFL defenses have their ears pinned back

1 Like