Falcons pick Pennix at 8. What do you think?

Interesting.

Uhh…

1 Like

Definitely interesting. I think they play Cousins year 1, pay him $62.5M, trade him for draft comp in year 2.

I still think sitting one year is undervalued in the NFL.

Was there a no trade clause in Cousins contract?

3 Likes

Outside of everything else, I think he could be very good if he stays healthy. I just don’t understand it after the huge Cousins deal.

If they didn’t think Cousins was the man for the next 3ish years, why the big contract? Just an odd combo…

2 Likes

They have far too many needs to waste a pick on Penix. Why bother signing Cousins just to waste a top ten pick on a QB right afterward? Draft an OT to protect him instead. Sitting behind Kirk will undoubtedly help him and he may end up as their QB1 in the future but just a strange/dumb pick imo…

4 Likes

I agree on sitting and learning. It should be done more often.

I still don’t think the Falcons were in the position to go QB there. They could still fill some holes now

2 Likes

They can win the south. Didn’t like pick but like the player

Cousins is old and injured so perhaps Penix plays sooner than we think… it did blow my mind though

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

2 Likes

Maybe cousins isn’t as close to coming back as they believed. Or maybe he had a setback in rehab. It’s an odd pick for sure.

1 Like

I like the pick, think it is smart and goes well with the young talented skill players they already have.

1 Like

You can bet Cousins would have liked a receiver more than an understudy.

2 Likes

They have skill players WR, TE, RB a plenty

I definitely don’t have Pennix envy!

2 Likes

I missed this thread earlier…yes so weird! I don’t get it at all.

1 Like

I think Fontenot was a mistake

1 Like

They must want to make sure the QB room is good after Ridder, lol.

Head scratcher. A 1st-round pick.

I was shocked. After the initial shock wore off, I was still shocked. Probably THE most mystifying pick I’ve seen in years.

You go tampering around to sign a franchise QB to a huge contract for your mediocre team, and your first move is to draft his replacement, who will likely be 26 years old by the time he starts. Absolutely baffling.

1 Like

SEX-SHOP The Naked Gun 2 animated gif

2 Likes

Drunk Aaron Rodgers GIF by The Ringer

4 Likes