Favorite Christmas Song!

1 Like

3 Likes

Loved that. I knew you’d have words for that. LOLOLOL
Love ya, bro…even when you are wrong. :facepunch: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sometimes we are as predictable as we are handsome (almost)

2 Likes

Thats my favorite

1 Like

She’s pretty neat. A lot of the stuff she does is super-creative.
She’ll be in Orlando soon.

1 Like

Cheers fellas… this is very relaxing to me despite not being a real xmas guy…hope someone can relate.

3 Likes

Just gotta say, the absolute WORST song ever is the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet.

Seger’s Little Drummer Boy is well-done.
Barenaked Ladies God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is another that I automatically hear their version in my head. Very well done.

My favorites are many, topped by:
O Holy Night
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

4 Likes

This is my type of Christmas music.

1 Like

Those are all very pretty songs, I dig.

After some thought I think I gotta go with The Holly and the Ivy… kind of an underrated/not as common one but I think the melody is really nice. Have heard a lot of great instrumental and choral versions of it

To kinda tie this back to Vince guaraldi, here’s a version by George Winston who did a couple of tribute albums to Vince guaraldi that I think were pretty popular. You can hear a very similar playing style too…

This version I really love

1 Like

Haha I have that cd! There’s a cool nirvana song on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Really sets the mood around the fire!!

2 Likes

“yo it’s Christmas time in Hollis Queens…Mom’s cookin chicken and collar greens.” Bruce Williis’s Limo driver Reggie was blasting that in Die Hard -in the Limo.

4 Likes

Silent Night
Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire

2 Likes
3 Likes

Its a different treatment, but Take 6 chords from the Puerling tradition are the tightest ass things ever put on tape.

1 Like

Always been partial to Manhiem Steamroller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Both have fantastic Christmas shows. Seen both and are second to none.

4 Likes

I love carol of the bells. nice creepy xmas song.

3 Likes

Just for you @DetroitStrong

2 Likes

You didn’t go with Bob segers version of little drummer boy? For shame sir!

2 Likes