Favorite Christmas Song!

Well it’s that time of year… and not a big fan of Christmas songs to be honest… but heard this gem on the radio today…

It always makes me laugh. Gotta be the best Christmas song ever!!

We already know @DetroitStrong probably listens to Nirvana at Christmas.

But what is everyones favorite holiday tune!?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hahahahaha nirvana never did a Christmas song!

Hmm this is a great thread but I gotta think… I will say this is my favorite Christmas album ever. Vince guaraldi is amazing…

9 Likes

Also I will say, even though i love the Beatles, I very much dislike “wonderful Christmas time”. That song is just so grating on my ears… maybe I’ve just heard it too much because it’s on all the time. That and the Mariah Carey song.

3 Likes

I just assumed you would be head banging to Lithium Christmas eve, I was way off… my bad! haha

1 Like

I can’t post Bob & Doug and not drop the hit single with Geddy Lee…

2 Likes

Haha,I promise as a Canadian we aren’t all as dumb as Bob and Doug… but that song sure is catchy.

Are you some kind of hoser @socko - Good Day!

2 Likes

My dad had that album. I loved it. Still think about it sometimes.

Coo loo coo coo coo coo coo coo

That’s Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas BTW. Bob and Doug are fictional characters.

2 Likes

Greg Lake and Ian Anderson.

2 Likes

Anything from Die Hard

3 Likes

Did you see Die Hard!?

If anyone gets that reference, you rock!

1 Like

Oh my goodness y’all are awesome

1 Like
2 Likes

I think I said this somewhere else… but if I never hear “wonderful Christmas time” again I will die a happy man. I can’t stand that song. Same with that Mariah Carey song.

Now you wanna talk weird Al Christmas songs?

I love some tradition music but, weird Al kills it…

Grew up with a lot of the traditional Christmas music we all know now… all time favorite will always be Vince guaraldi. And check out his stuff he did outside of peanuts. Had a really cool album with bola sete, he had a really unique style of playing.

2 Likes

I can still recite the lyrics to “Christmas at Ground Zero” without effort.

For non-serious Christmas songs, the South Park Christmas album has some real gems.

2 Likes

I feel the same way about Manheim Steamroller. I’m not a Christmas music guy in general. That’s usually the best thing after Christmas is the music is gone.

2 Likes

Hate the song, but shit she had some nice jugs!!

1 Like

YES!

I love the feel of this song, and truthfully like many versions of it. Have emotional anchors to mom with it.

2 Likes

This and the Andy Williams Christmas album play on YouTube on my TV through the surround sound almoat every day from about now through new years

2 Likes