Final Words of Blessing...and Warning

Happy draft week, y’all.

Expecting great things, but do need to issue last minute alerts.

Things we don’t want to see:

1. Hendon Hooker. I was promoting this guy a few weeks ago but I noticed something that scares the shit out of me. The guy moves around on high heels! His leg proportions create an awkward gait which will lead to more ACLs and sprains. It will make it difficult to be consistent in his base, and re-setting his feet, something he conveniently wasn’t asked much to do with Vols.

2. Tyree Wilson is falling for a reason. Light on-field production could suggest a weak motor beating inside his chest. He’s older and light still hasn’t come on

3. Mayer. I’m fine with a tight end in 2nd round but he needs elite RAS score. Mayer doesn’t have it.

4. Dipping into the WR class with premium picks. It’s a bad class, folks. Wishful thinking won’t fix it. JSN or Flowers are only worthy top-40 picks.

5. If we can’t trade down at six we need to stay away from uncertain commodities. Choices should be Anderson, Witherspoon, Skoronski. That’s about it.

6. Bijan or Project-AR15 yes, but only if we can move down and select at 10-18.

7. With second pick one of the top tackles would be just fine, even it’s not a big Lions need.

8. Hard no on Jalen Carter

9. Nolan Smith, Steve Avilla, Jack Campbell, WM-IV Mazi Smith, Adebawore, Jahymyr Gibbs…you can get high-producers, good testers w/out a ton of questions.

It’s a scrawny draft so you gotta eat meat from the bones that have some: CB, Edge, TE, RB, tackle. Double dip at CB? Hell yeah.

Don’t chase dreams…Grab players.

15 Likes

Hookers are known to wear heels.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve switched gears. Bennett seems the better choice.
Hookers cognitive scores scared me off.

1 Like

Dude has the longest legs. Even if he avoids injury I just think he’ll always struggle with balance and consistent footwork.

A guru talking about Bennett.
"He’s done some dumb s—,” the executive said, per Around the NFL.

“But you kind of like [him]. He’s like ‘You know what? F— it, here you go. Go ahead and not draft me or take me late and piss me off some more.

But he doesn’t even look at like it like he’s got a chip on his shoulder. I just think I’m better than you — he’s talked himself into that.”

Bennett checks in at 5 feet, 11 inches and 192 pounds. That’s not ideal for an NFL quarterback, but as this executive said…it’s bigger than Young.

“You can poke holes in him all you want – he’s bigger than Bryce Young,” the executive said. “He won more games than Bryce. I know he’s older but he’s a sharp guy, can make plays with his feet and at the same time with his arm. Does he have a big arm? No. But he’s good enough.”
Certainly good enough to be a competent backup as a floor. His ceiling may be a surprise. Some say he’s cocky. Maybe, he just knows what he’s capable of?

2 Likes

Sounds like the perfect backup qb

Now…how can we position ourselves to draft him at the last pick of the draft:
Mr. Irrelevant II

Then midseason…something bad happens…and a surprise star is born. Or something.

Sounds like a Chase Daniel without the scrambling ability

1 Like

Over 500 yards rushing!
He’s been taught to use his arm first.
His stats are pretty good…and, he’s another Bulldog.
Stafford wasn’t terrible.
http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/players.asp?id=283274

1 Like

If we take Stetson with our last pick he’s OUR Mr. Irrelevant. And Billy likes him too.

1 Like

Here’s a warning:

And another:

2 Likes

Happy draft week, y’all.

Expecting great things, but do need to issue last minute alerts.

Things we don’t want to see:

1. Hendon Hooker. I was promoting this guy a few weeks ago but I noticed something that scares the shit out of me. The guy moves around on high heels! His leg proportions create an awkward gait which will lead to more ACLs and sprains. It will make it difficult to be consistent in his base, and re-setting his feet, something he conveniently wasn’t asked much to do with Vols. He’s an old… one legged… system QB… not thank you!

2. Tyree Wilson is falling for a reason. Light on-field production could suggest a weak motor beating inside his chest. He’s older and light still hasn’t come on… ***This scares me a bit too… When a 22-23 year old is playing and working out against 20-21 year old that is a real thing… He turns 23 in a week and he will be 28 years old when time to discuss a 2nd contract? Add the lisfranc and good but not great production, and I am a bit worried…

3. Mayer. I’m fine with a tight end in 2nd round but he needs elite RAS score. Mayer doesn’t have it.
    I am not a fan of any TE in the first or 2nd round period… It sounds like the medical alarms are sounding in connection with Laporta and D Washington, and those were the 2 I would have considered in late 2… Now I’d wait til later and grab a guy like P Durham or Whyle…

4. Dipping into the WR class with premium picks. It’s a bad class, folks. Wishful thinking won’t fix it. JSN or Flowers are only worthy top-40 picks. I don’t agree at all… I bet 6 really solid WRs come from this class. I see no chance that Flowers, Johnston, JSN, Addison, Mims aren’t at least really solid, and I like AT Perry, Tillman, Mingo, and as a sleeper I like Charlie Jones as a WR4 type…

5. If we can’t trade down at six we need to stay away from uncertain commodities. Choices should be Anderson, Witherspoon, Skoronski. That’s about it. *I can’t disagree too much with these, and that is why I am the MAYOR OF TRADE DOWN… would take a guy like Van Ness, Gonzo, JSN, or D Wright - all day if it came with a 2024 first in tow…

6. Bijan or Project-AR15 yes, but only if we can move down and select at 10-18. I could get behind either of these guys if it came with a trade down that added a 2nd this year or 2024 first… Get me S Avila and AR15 for the #6 pick and then it’s surely worth the risk… at worst we have a dynamic backup QB and a stud RG making a combined 8M… could be worse

7. With second pick one of the top tackles would be just fine, even it’s not a big Lions need. if Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright is there at #18 then it’s an easy choice for me… I like Torrence more than some too, but I love Avila in the 2nd

8. Hard no on Jalen Carter I wasn’t in the room for the interview or conversations, so I can’t say… I will say I loved AR15 and Will Anderson after watching their interview… I hated Thibz- I presume Carter comes off as aloof and somewhat disinterested… and thus I’d say no! What do I presume that? **
    ** Because if the kid LOVED BALL- then practicing would bring joy, the coach wouldn’t be able to DRAG HIM OFF THE FIELD AGAINST OSU- you all saw Hutch play with a thigh bruise, he would take a play off… That is what I want, WARRIORS by choice not just by birth

9. Nolan Smith, Steve Avilla, Jack Campbell, WM-IV Mazi Smith, Adebawore, Jahymyr Gibbs…you can get high-producers, good testers w/out a ton of questions. * like this whole list… I have trouble not seeing Jack Campbell as a Pro Bowl player by year 2

It’s a scrawny draft so you gotta eat meat from the bones that have some: CB, Edge, TE, RB, tackle. Double dip at CB? Hell yeah… I am less hot on the CB position here… I would rather go the Eagles route and sign Marcus Peters to a similar deal to what they did with J Bradberry last year… The combo of Peters, CJGJ, Sutton, Walker and Joseph is pretty awesome, and we’d have depth with Moseley, Jacobs, and Iffy… Sure I would take one, but I’d rather start M Peters week 1 than any of them… I also think TE is massively overrated. Musgrave? He’s missed 24 of 44 games and he missed time in ALL 4 YEARS! 633 yards and 2 TDs in 22 games isn’t needle moving either… Washington and Laporta are reportedly being dropped for medical… Mayer as you stated didn’t test very well… Tucker Kraft is coming off injury… Kincaid is old, injury prone and can’t block… To me the meaty part of this draft is OL- Wright, B Jones, D Jones, Torrence, Avila, Ekiyor, Zavala, Bergeron, Michael Schmitz, McFadden… Hell give me 2 of those guys as we already have 2 holes coming at OG next year, and a LT who is starting at 30 with 2 years left… Also give me some of that RB JUICE- Izzy, Chase Brown, Bijan, Gibbs, Spears, Achane, there are some true gamebreakers in this one…

***Don’t chase dreams…Grab player… Again I agree with this- give me a trade down to #11- then let me have Witherspoon or Gonzalez and then at #18 trade up to Lukas Van Ness- Then in round 2 I’d love Avila and maybe possibly IZZY…

1 Like

On Carter I’m more of a hard yes

4 Likes

One thing I’m 100% sure of is that I Do Not want to know what search term you used for that gif.

The longer you look at it, the more questions you have, but not in a Dali’s Hallucinogenic Torreador weird but good and thought provoking kind of way.

I just borrowed my wife’s phone and when I went to Google it was the first auto-fill suggestion.

1 Like

I’ll send you a rate sheet.

3 Likes

You’re the most film noir person that I “know”

1 Like

-Quentin J may have the worst pass-catching fundamentals the draft has ever seen
-Addison doesn’t have a muscle on his body
-Mims, like most of this WR class is mini-me
-Jaxon Smith “Oh-my-Hammie” Njigba

1 Like

OK so Johnny Manziel.

Remember, it was Manziel who had the same brash reputation, prompting Barry Switzer to infamously say, “I don’t like his antics. I think he’s an arrogant little prick. I’ve said that and I’ll say it again.”

3 Likes