First Lions mistake getting rid of Mike ford

The Lions first mistake was letting Prater go.

Not sure if Mike Ford is even on the list of mistakes.

1 Like

Green Bay struggled to stop the run. If our running game is as good as we all hope maybe we can play a little keep away. Grind the clock and shorten the game. Then maybe it won’t be so ugly.

I was confused why we dropped Ford as well. I trust the staff but it just didn’t feel right. I get the humor at the top though…love it!

2 Likes

I was also confused as to why they left Ford go. I think maybe they figured he’d about reached his peak. And maybe they saw more upside in Iffy, and Parker, and Jacobs. If they had a crystal ball and seeing that Okudah was going down, they might very well have kept Ford. In addition, they’re trying to build a culture here, and maybe they thought Ford just didn’t fit quite as well. I’m not wringing my hands about it. As I see it, they have Nickel Roby-Coleman and Darryl Worley waiting in the wings. Honestly I’m willing to roll with it and see what happens. No hard feelings Mike Ford. Good luck

1 Like

Meh, we’ll just get him back from Denver next week if we want next week. Or perhaps a better prospect from elsewhere…

Pretty sure Mike Ford at CB can be referred to as a “band aid” or deep depth contributor at this point, not quite the future so probably not too bad…

Prater was also 1 for 2 fg in his first game too (no mistake)

1 Like

And he had his career worst season in 2020, I was fine with letting Prater go.

1 Like