Fleece the Rams One More Time?

Those “dynasty” teams typically have a QB that can win with almost any players you give them or a Head Coach that can out-scheme the opponent…or they have both.

If you want “generational” talent, your best bet is picking as high as possible…but you are correct as well, there’s still a chance at really great players later as well.

1 Like

He did get the longest FA contract given this year, IIRC.

Was it the only 2 year deal we gave out?

I disagree with that. He’s our Kareem Hunt (from a role standpoint). Jamal Williams is very important to this years team. His usage will be quite high in all likelihood and he’s become increasingly efficient in his career. 2019-20 version is a pretty damn good player

1 Like

I agree, the regime deliberately went-out and pursued Jamaal as a piece to make this team better.
And how many years have we been wanting a power RB?!?!

2 Likes

Seems more important than any player. Take Matt and Calvin as recent examples.

Then take almost any of the top
Coaches or FO and think of the teams or players and what came first
Or followed franchise to franchise.

If Brad Isn’t Thst good , arming him with great pick after great pick almost insures we’re in for long ride or broken clock type luck.
Because it’ll buy him time he won’t deserve as we wait on draft picks to solve the problem
Of management

Yet still generate enough hope
Fans are still hopeful and $upportive

Trading Jamaal Williams would be like the Tigers trading Jonathan Schoop. Yes, in theory, the Tigers could replace him, but they’d be losing a valuable asset to a young team that needs to learn how to win.

Personally, I wouldn’t trade Jamaal Williams for anything less than a 2d Rd pick and even then would have to think long and hard about it because the Lions seem to have a viable one-two punch for the first time since Bush-Bell circa 2013.

3 Likes

Any success they are going to have this year on O is going to be dependent on having a decent running game. It’s also going to be about how our RB’s perform with screen passes and Williams is very good in that department. If you trade him you’re one injury away from not having a running game. TOP and keeping the D off the field, selling play action, we need this badly to just be less than average. W/O it, we will suck mightily.

This is Dan Campbell “fleecing” the Rams.

1 Like

I would for a second rd pick anything less no thanks Its not that we need another pick next draft …but they want ask an its a second

1 Like

There is no chance in hell that Jamaal Williams is worth a second round pick.

Oh wait, you’re talking about what you’d do it for. So you’re saying that you won’t do it. I get it.

But if Henderson, who has had trouble staying healthy, goes down… the Rams are suddenly going to be desperate.

Don’t worry!

McVay will address it in 2 years by signing a 29 year old often injured deep threat and the fastest guy under 5’6" and 168lbs in the draft.

2 Likes

It is TBD who got fleeced in the last one…

I HOPE it was the Rams

Again trading him would be a bad trust thing for any FA. He signed to play for us, not any other team. Nothing like hey we want you, but a few months later were going to trade you. Now players would be like why sign with the lion’s when they will just trade me away before I play a game.

This looks pretty bad.

It is even worse when you think about D-Jax being 35 years old and Tutu weighing 149 pounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/tutu-atwell-height-and-weight-big-concern-for-nfl-draft-01f3tdpk83qt/amp

I wonder if “Tutu” is a nickname he got because he is skinny enough to wear some dance dresses??? :dress:

1 Like

Sounds like McVay doesn’t want Gurley back…

If Henderson gets hurt in training camp, it will get very interesting…

Another thing mentioned–apparently, the Rams don’t have an established C. That could be bad for Mr. Stafford.

Definitely interesting situation. Here is the guy that has the position for now. Austin Corbett Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

He was drafted to be a Center at the Browns in the 2nd round but they let him go early for a 5th rounder to the Rams. Rams have gotten good value for him so far as a solid starter at Guard. Can he be a full-time center? Nothing proven here yet and they have a brand new OL coach from the college ranks.

Backup is this guy Brian Allen. He is undersized and didn’t fair to well in 2019 when most of the starters were hurt.

This is where Stafford’s experience may allow for the Rams to deal with inexperience at center and a new coach. Lot of work to be done and I saw a recent article that Stafford says he still has a ton of the offense to learn and digest.