Ford Field Getting New Turf in Jan

Gotcha :ok_hand:

So is sounds like this is a little of “welcome to the new stuff same as the old stuff”?

1 Like

Still does!

2 Likes

Grass on and off the field is much better than turf and pain pills. True story.

3 Likes

Greg Gamet used to drink at the bar I bartended at, we’re friends on FB. He was Colorado Compliance Officer of the Year, wrote the book on rules from harvest to packaging to sale. Currently COO of “Gold Flora”, 620,000 sq ft of operation under roof in California. They’re killing it.

1 Like

I was really hoping we would be a pioneer in indoor safety surface…tactical axvantage in a couple of ways
-We would be used to playing on it (soon, our playoff games will be extra home games too)
-We would have less injury

2 Likes

Bunch of heads. We’re hijacking this thread.

1 Like

The Who Animation GIF by weinventyou

2 Likes

This is the same surface currently being used by the Falcons and the Patriots

3 Likes

Wonder what the players think of it?

1 Like

They scheduled this last June.

1 Like

Hmm. What about the 2024 date Meinke was throwing out? Had they announced they were bumping it up?

What I said was a made up self deprecating Lions joke that our own team staff would schedule to replace the turf immediately after the season ends, knowing it won’t be in use. And they confidently scheduled it the previous June.

2 Likes

They did move it up, saw that said somewhere this am.

1 Like

Synthetic Turf: Score Big by Understanding the Basics -Colorado Landscape Architecture Firm | Design Concepts.

2 Likes

Interesting, has to be player safety related, they just replaced the turf a few years ago, 2019 I believe, I remember being at a season ticket holders event and walking on it before they ever played on it.

2 Likes

Here’s an article from Birkett on the Turf when it was replaced in 2019. When they replaced the turf in 2019, Birkett says they are planning to replace that turf in 2022-2024, so they are right on schedule with the replacement.

2002 - Original Turf, 11 years
2013 - New Turf, 6 years
2019 - New Turf, 4 years
2023 - New Turf

1 Like

Pete and, re-Pete as it were…

1 Like

Why doesn’t GB have a dome? Because their cheerleaders wouldn’t be able to graze.

1 Like

Hair Wind GIF

5 Likes

Worst thing about their cheerleaders is you have to turn 'em around to kiss 'em.