Former Lions' Special Teams Coach Stan Kwan Passes Away

Exercise is great, but Nutrition is the key to health :slight_smile: Took me a long time to learn that. Eat real food that is found in nature, not produced in a factory. Processed food, fast food and sugar are making everyone sick in modern day.

3 Likes

I see this, but then I am reminded of what Freud said about the Irish, and I know myself…

Wow, I’m 54 too.
My good friend left at 53, first neighbor at 54, Stan at 54, I don’t feel safe anymore at this age.
I don’t smoke, I don’t take drugs, I drink alcohol in moderation, but I eat sugar in excessive amounts every day.
I just love candy.

I’m 56 and really just started kicking health into an extra gear. Eating much better, lifting weights every day, and getting in a little cardio. Need to up the cardio. Even after just a few months starting to see big differences. Got my yearly physical and colonoscopy and even though I’ve got a few pounds to shed the results of both were very good. Take care of yourselves fellas, particularly if you have people counting on you. Small daily changes can have great long term affects.

I travel for work and one of the best things I’ve found is a 12v lunch box. I can literally control what I eat for lunch. More veggies and less fast food. Fast food is really pretty disgusting and is horrific for you. But it is convenient which is their hook.

3 Likes

Candy sure is good, go easy on it bud!

John Candy Reaction GIF

1 Like

Yeah, the ole sweet tooth is my undoing as well.

And sorry for your losses. It’s tough when guys our age start passing.

Yup - I have sweet tooth, sour tooth, spicy tooth, Mexican tooth, Italian tooth, Middle Eastern Cuisine tooth… basically, I’m not a meal-skipper, no matter who invites me over for dinner.

1 Like

Ah, what you have is a Thai tooth. They are masters of getting sweet, sour, salty, spicy and umami into every bite. That’s not so much an undoing, though. Thai food is so satisfying and often made with fresh veggies, that I eat more of it when I’m in weight-loss mode.

1 Like

So good! You’re making me hungry. Indian food also outstanding.

1 Like

Just put my order in 3 minutes ago.

2 Likes

Edit