Fox TV posts comically inaccurate graphic in Jags game

Was watching the game again to focus a little more on the defense and the D-line in particular… and noticed something that immediately seemed wrong.

After Marvin Jones made his 1st grab….Fox showed Jones’ stats with the Lions…. and an erroneous description of his stats.

“ALL most by a Lion in 5-year span”

Huh???

Apparently… they forgot about Calvin, Herman, Golden, and Perriman.

Calvin and Herman had more catches, yards, and TDs in a 5-year span.

Tate had more catches and yards…. and Perriman had more catches.

6 Likes

Maybe they meant “almost by a Lion?”

4 Likes

The research department on that one:

6 Likes

Calvin just barely edged him out by 3,000 yards over his best 5 year span.

Lol

9 Likes

I saw that during the game and thought the same thing. I was thinking they may have meant most by a FA pickup, but Tate far surpasses that.

My guess is it was supposed to say most by a Lions WR from 2016-2020 which would be accurate.

6 Likes

Ya i think they meant during that 5 year span, probably just very poorly worded

6 Likes

When you have a WR in the hall of fame, how in the world does that get past them…haha

Basically the same as them forgetting about Barry Sanders.

2 Likes

This was exactly my thought, figured they must have meant that 5 year span

Agreed…

but they could have just said….

Marvin had more stats than Kenny…
and the rest of the WR was garbage.

I guess that’s why the TV producers make the big bucks…

grin GIF

2 Likes

It’s the lions. They don’t want to do anymore research than they have to. Which they don’t because 90% of fans don’t know or care anything about this team.

1 Like

Big Willie wouldn’t have effed that up.

5 Likes

also morton

2 Likes

Sad, but true brother!! I have seen a ton of positive press on the Lions in the past 48 hours… NFL network was hyping Goff and St. Brown just a couple hours ago, not sure what to make of that!?

1 Like

That the vast majority of media sources and stories are programmatic copycat tripe?

1 Like

Hard to argue with that brother! It’s a copycat world, we’re just living in it

The idea there are more me’s out there is…

• Terrifying
  • Awesome
  • Inevitable
  • The 6th Sign of the Apocalypse

0 voters

1 Like

I went with awesome, my follow up question would be how many toads have you licked tonight!?

ps - where can I find some?

2 Likes

I did make myself a Cherry Pepper though

1 shot Habanero Vodka
2 shots Cherry Riesling
Splash Grenadine
Splash Maraschino Cherry liquid
Double dash Angostura Bitters
2 Maraschino Cherries
#SaveTheLuxardosForManhattans

Served neat.

Weasel Original Cocktail Handbook recipe

2 Likes

It means you should start looking for the other 6 signs of the apocalypse. :rofl:

If fans didn’t care, there wouldn’t be a Den, If fans didn’t care, they wouldn’t invest their time or money going to buy merchandise or games , I’d estimate there would be no 'season ticket holders.; If fans didn’t care , they wouldn’t argue so damn much to be right about this team OR it’s players present & past , amongst other topics. They wouldn’t be students of the game, watching films , dissecting everything, they wouldn’t care as much about the drafts , and they would-have checked out decades ago. though I suppose this was meant to be funny, the quoted part, I didn’t see the humor.