Framework for a Justin Fields trade could be in place next week: reports

I will not be unhappy to see him leave the division. He was a problem.

5 Likes
1 Like

I am far from a Fields fan, but he is a major problem for this defense every year. I would not be sad at all to see him leave.

Could you imagine the Pats giving up #3, #34, and 2025 2nd to move ahead of Washington and the bears pairing MHJ With Fields, while still having a pick at #9.

2 Likes

Fine by me.

Maybe the Bears take Caleb Williams, who I don’t see being a huge upgrade.

3 Likes

So you guys would rather have him leave even if it means the bears pick up several premium picks and potentially upgrade at QB anyway?

1 Like

Justin Fields was a pain in the ass. Thank goodness he maybe gone. Hope Williams becomes a bust.

1 Like

I doubt they get more than maybe a couple seconds, I doubt he fetches a 1st. Honestly, they may not even get that.

As dangerous as Fields is, he has proven injury prone, has not developed as they hoped as a passer, and is due a pretty hefty contract sooner than later. Teams also know they are in a tough spot with him.

3 Likes

Fields is going to have to get paid his new contract too by whomever trades for him

1 Like

Whether he stays or he goes, the Lions need to develop a viable game plan for running QB’s.

9 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Bears will get a 2nd and a 4th. Dude never won, couldn’t read progressions, took a gajillion sacks, and wore sunglasses on the sideline during night games. Good luck Pittsburgh.

GIF by South Park

You’re assuming they nail the trade and everything that comes with it. It’s very possible they take Williams and he busts worse than fields. He could be the next josh Rosen for all we know.

2 Likes

I’d like to see him stay, with him at the helm the odds of the Bears ever winning the division are low

2 Likes

Paying Fields 40 mill per season IMO would be insane. But I see Murray and Daniel Jones contracts and it just might happen.

1 Like

@najacks thanks for not saying Joey Harrington. Or Andre Ware. Or any other traumatic memories.

2 Likes

We’ve all seen enough bad in our fandom. No need to go back down those rabbit holes.

1 Like

I have a theory on Ware. If he didn’t suck so bad he might have been good. Think about it.

Michael Scott Wink GIF

2 Likes