Free Jefe!

So I saved this pic for a desktop because I really liked the uni’s last week. Noticed Okudah has what appears to be ‘free’ and maybe ‘jeff’ on his thigh pads. Wondered if anyone knew what this was about…?

3 Likes

I think he put them in backwards and they’re supposed to say Jeffreey

:wink:

5 Likes

Roberts pads have his jersey number on them too.

It’s Free Jefe, his alter-ego. It’s what he calls his on-field dog.

That is an awesome pic.

4 Likes

This is from an interview with Glover Quin describing how an Ohio State coach challenged him to become a different version of himself:

“I don’t need you to be Jeff anymore, I need you to be Jefe. That’s who you need to be. I need that swagger.” So, going forward everyone started saying “Free Jefe.” And it just stuck. Everyone liked it and it just stuck. I think it was kind of natural because Jefe and Jeff sound so similar. - Jeff Okudah

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for that. Hmm, nice story behind it. FREE JEFE!!!

It is a great pic though.

They look to be having fun for the first time in a while.

1 Like

Thanks for filling in the gaps. I spent a minute searching but was coming up empty.

1 Like

Love it

So his on-field alter-ego is a 3rd world country version of himself…hmmmm, yeah.
Whatever works for him I guess.

Maybe I’ll change my name to El Snagso.

Ocho. Cinco.

Friggin’ hilarious
Eight. Five. LOL

I was laughing so hard when he actually changed his last name to that.

I AM Zorro Perrito!

1 Like

El Jefe: The Ron Mexico of cornerbacking

2 Likes

How in the hell did you see that let alone be able to make out any letters? Must have been on a heavy junk search. Lol

1 Like

I put it up as wall paper on my PC so it is a lot bigger. Follow the official Lions twitter and it was one of the pictures they posted shortly after the game.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1320516492056793088

1 Like

Moving forward, I’ll only be responding to my given Aztec name - el Grande Carne.

4 Likes

I’ll respond to my Native American name, “He who Lucy suckers into trying to kick the football.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have the username El Zilcho elsewhere, because it’s never too late to change your superhero name.

2 Likes

You can call me by my movie name, Homo Sapien.

2 Likes

They call me “Mos Locos”!

1 Like