From the opponents' point of view--Lions at Cowboys

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dallas-cowboys-face-detroit-lions-152417742.html

1 Like

Some critiqued last week performance wasn’t dominating enough
Then you read a quote like this from McCarthy ( he could also just be being complimentary but he’s providing bulletin board material for the eagles )

“I think this will be our biggest challenge of the year. It’s my personal opinion. You know, some people differ as far as Philadelphia and the past games but just based off of what we’ve seen on video at the end of last weekend and yesterday, I think this is going to be a heck of a game,” he said.

1 Like

In other words “we’ve seen their defense and can’t wait to get our offense out there. If we win the coin toss, we’ll have the lead inside of 4 minutes.”

2 Likes

Yep, they’re licking their chops.
It would be a shame if someone wiped their chops for them.

1 Like

Dropping the name of a team in particular is odd. It makes me think he see’s something on film that he loves, like the Ravens did. Building this up as a big game is typical. But dropping the Eagles by name makes it strange."

McCarthy know these aint the same Lions he used to coach against.

2 Likes

Hopefully we win the toss and play the game from ahead or even. They’re a better team with the lead than without.

1 Like

Winning the toss and taking the ball is a bold move in today’s NFL. The fans are going to be on edge the second we choose the ball. If we go 3 and out, the Cowboys fans are going to go absolutely bonkers and its all uphill from there. So if you take the ball on the road, you better see something on film that you love.

1 Like

I agree, but winning and deferring is like losing in our case.

I know we won the toss last week and chose offense. Pretty sure we did vs the Broncos, too.

1 Like

The Cowboys have some explosive players on offense, but Kavontae Turpin is dangerous returning kicks too. Averaging 29.2 per return.

And Brandon Aubrey is 33 of 33 on FGs including 8 of 8 from 50+ yards (so the Lions better hope GoalPost shows up this weekend).

Please don’t misunderstand what I am saying. This is not a right vs wrong thing.

Its just a calculation. Taking the ball at home doesn’t apply. Taking the ball on the road against a rabid crowd takes balls…or a team that doesn’t put much stock into momentum and the opposing crowd. Taking the ball on the road against the 14 fans at Carolina Panther stadium isn’t the same as Cowboys stadium. :joy:

Division rival and possible playoff opponent

Another part of me thinks Jerry is going to make McCarthy do a game plan to try and have Lamb break Calvin’s record because Lions did that to him.

Jerry is still salty Calvin set that record

It would be an awesome time not to go dormant in the 3rd quarter. They have shown some improvement the last couple games.

Apparently Jaire is free to help with our coin toss if we’re interested.

1 Like