George Pickens thinks he's the best WR

Great interview with him here - he doesn’t lack confidence anyway

2 Likes

Adorable - guy thinks he’s Jamoss

And Stanley Johnson swore he was going to be the best player in the NBA.

2 Likes

Someone recently on a podcast who was in the know said everyone knew he was a “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” kinda guy……I’m like WTF, Stan you could have had Booker.

2 Likes

Stan.

Booker and Donovan Mitchell or Stanley Johnson and Luke Kennard.

I mean , he drafted the same position, just the OBVIOUSLY MUCH WORSE GUY.

TWICE.

Then re-upped Reggie Jackson. And brought in Josh Smith.

Good times.

I remember being an idiot and arguing w a buddy in 2011 that our decline was only temporary….that Ben Gordon and Charlie V would help bring us back……I trusted in Joe a little too much….
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

1 Like

You deserve a free beer for every Pistons game. You don’t even have to attend. Someone should bring you a free beer and drop it off every time Pistons play a game.

I mean, at least Ben Gordon could do one thing above average. Or at least he recently used to at the time he signed.

Charlie V was a giant mess thr second he put on a NBA uniform.

To his credit, there is a great article about him just out about his mentorship of the 2nd NBA player to have Alopecia, which started in high school and continues to this day.

Terrible signing from the secind his finger came off the pen though.

Pickens knows

That’s the thing. I KNEW that. Watched him all through college, never thought he was special at all. Second joe gets him….okay maybe maybe maybe……ya f it….nope this is gonna suck.

1 Like

This is one hell of a play by Pickens

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1686451994506969101

2 Likes

His highlights have always been off the charts. It’s just a matter of him staying healthy. He’ll never be an elite separator though, so his path to being a top ten WR is tied to be in a system and a QB that go high volume with contested catch throws. But in that setting the dude is a wizard.

2 Likes

The RUIN DETROIT SPORTS club:

Stan Van Gundy
Matt Patricia
Al Avila

Dart boards and voodoo dolls will never be enough.

1 Like