Georgia fans?

No?

I’d only take him if somehow he fell to the 2nd. Even then only if I thought he could play that outside linebacker role in every package our defense has. I wouldn’t spend a high pick on such a situational player.

1 Like

I agree with you but not for the reasons you might think. Physically I think White and Smith are very similar. Mentally they are polar opposites and I would not want White on the Lions.

When White came out for pre-draft interviews he talked about resetting the Linebacker market and was very “me first”. Smith was all about team, relationships, football and earning the right to be a leader. That’s the guy I want.

3 Likes

Didn’t we try Houston at LB early in the season without out much success and moved him back to his college decision at DE after? Just because a player is LB sized doesn’t mean they can play LB at this level. Which is also my question regarding Nolan.

1 Like

Hutch is not a big end. He was something like 265 last year. When we were in a 3-4 against GB last year, Mcneil and Buggs were the ends. That’s what a big end in a 3-4 means.

I know. That’s why I said in passing situations. Not an every down switch. It would be a situational package.

2 Likes

With his athletic ability and intelligence, I would assume he is capable of transitioning to an off the ball LB. Drew Sanders made the same transition this year moving from Edge to ILB. Could Smith do the same?

1 Like

And I’ve seen scouting reports on Sanders where he needs to go to a team that blitzes LBs because he isn’t a very good off the ball LB and misses a lot of tackles.

Hadn’t heard that. Part of Sanders appeals is his speed, athleticism, ability to blitz and I thought his coverage. To me he had developing instincts.

You don’t have to watch anything to be an expert! That’s the magic of the internet. Watch a 2 min highlight tape and immediately bang the table for different prospects, it worked for Matt Millen right!?

“Pick Calhoun!!!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.