Get to know Panthers’ Week 16 opponent: Lions are putting up points, winning games

1 Like

Interesting article.
No mention of Jameson Williams.
While the Lions defense isn’t great by any means they have faired better the last 5-7 games against the run. This article says they are particularly bad against the run giving up the most rushing TD’s in the league. Again, not saying Lions defense is great good or even above avg but the run defense has been stout as of late.

4 Likes

Writer didn’t do his homework for this article.

4 Likes

I guess Panthers fans aren’t going to be able to “get to know” the Lions based upon that article. It contains misconceptions about who the Lions are now based upon who they were earlier in the season.

4 Likes

#1 run defense in the league over the last 3 games. Only the 9ers are within 10 yards of our average. Good luck, Panthers. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Yeah - I hope the Panthers game plan is to run against us! I would think our game plan would be to shut down their running attack and force Darnold to beat us.

2 Likes

It’s really a tale of two seasons, and the Panthers are playing in the wrong half of it.

Per Pride of Detroit, “Through the first month of the season, they were headed towards breaking NFL records in terms of points and yardage given up. But in their 6-1 stretch, they’ve allowed just 19.9 points per game—which is the lowest among teams who played seven games over that stretch.”

4 Likes

Hope the Panthers think like this, but, I’m sure they’ve done their homework.
Journalism is dead.

5 Likes

Well Done Reaction GIF

4 Likes

It’s gonna be cold here in Carolina on Saturday. Sunny and high of 32 degrees. The wind shouldn’t be a factor, but it will be cold all game long.

3 Likes

NY was pretty cold, Carolina and GB will be too!! Smash mouth football wins in the cold! Let’s go O-line.

3 Likes

As long as it’s sunny, it’s good.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but did you say it’s going to be cold?
We are coming down from MI, 32 degrees on Dec. 24th feels like a cool summer day this time of year!
It’s shorts weather my friend!

4 Likes

I was once a hardened Winter Warrior (17 years in Michigan)

…but after 17 years in Carolina I’m like a shivering, hairless cat in the winter. Softer than a little snow bunny.

I’m gonna be layered up for the game on Saturday. I have 1 mission… play pre-game catch with Swaggy!

6 Likes

It’s clearly written by someone who doesn’t watch the Lions. Our run defense is probably the strength of the team recently. Lights out the last few weeks. They faced Ettiene, Cook and Knight and gave up one carry over ten yards between the three of them. That was a 13 yarder by Ettiene. Cook and Knight both had long runs of five yards. Crazy high end run defense recently. Extend Buggs please.

3 Likes

I’m becoming more convinced that not only do the people who cover the Panthers not watch the Lions, they don’t watch football at all. I haven’t really found any good Panther web sites, but from what I hear they have a very active ham radio community.

2 Likes

Had to C&P this from the comment section:

"Lions are typically 4-5 times larger than panthers. A lion would have no problem killing a panther in the wild.

This NFL game will not be any different. :)"

3 Likes