Giants got hosed on several calls

I actually find it comforting rather than a painful reminder. We aren’t the only ones that get hosed.

If Okudah were defending that pass, people here would lose their shit!

The flag was picked-up because the ball hit the defender and if a pass is deflected, there’s no P.I. after that. That’s what was said on the radio anyways.
They shouldn’t have given the Giants the benefit-of-the-doubt anyways, it was such a bad pass from Daniel Jones. His player had nobody in front of him, that’s where the ball should have been thrown.

Exactly …Spot on

Good reasoning well explained . :+1:

That’s true …That’s not what happened though . That would only apply had the ball made contact with the defender prior to making contact with the receiver and prior to attempting to block the arms of and grab the hand of the Receiver all to prevent him from making the catch.

How anyone can watch this video https://twitter.com/i/status/1323480790072741889 and say that

1. Winfield did not arrive early…and make contact with the front of his shoulder pads into the receivers shoulder and helmet before the ball arrived …Did he (Yes or No)?

2. Winfield did not impede the catch by putting his arm across and in front of the receiver and grab the Receivers hand (essentially stopping the receiver from catching it) and did so all before the ball hit the Defender’s arm and before the Defender attempted to locate the ball .

It is literally the definition of… pass interference

" When a pass is in the air, if a Defensive player pushes, shoves, holds, or otherwise physically prevents an offensive receiver from moving his body or his arms in an attempt to catch the pass, he’s called for pass interference "

“any contact by a Defender who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch, playing through a guy’s back, hooking his arm, cutting off his running path without playing the ball, pushing off him, etc.”

There is no doubt Jones made a terrible throw and shouldn’t be rewarded at this level for it, however, the defender gets beat off the jump and had he made a good play he would have found himself in position to intercept the pass or knock it down. We need to hold players on both sides of the ball accountable not just the QB.

I don’t have a dog in the fight either but Winfield put his arm out in front of the receiver and did get his head around, at the last second but got it around nonetheless. I think he did bump into the receiver a hair early with his chest but never knocked the receiver off his spot…close call either way but if the ref behind them did throw the flag he probably shouldn’t have or did the right thing by conversing with the other judges to pick the flag up.

Personally I think it’s close and could go either way. As long as it’s call consistently every time than who really cares. Problem is the refs called PI earlier in the game against the NYG on a similar play. Once they did that than the call should have stood.

On close plays like that the call should always stand in my opinion. Especially once precedence has been established.

1 Like

Personally, I dont like all the ticky-tack flags on defenders in those cases. I’d rather they let them play. The receiver should have taken a lesson from Lebron and flopped though, he would have got the call then.

I agree … like I said in my post. Who cares as long as it’s consistent.

Problem is they weren’t consistent.

1 Like

Agreed…and the NBA is better at “make-up” calls if they know they maybe missed one or screwed up, NFL not so much.