Giants sign Cole Beasley to crowded WR room

Cole Beasley signs….
who do the Giants cut at WR???

2 Likes

Probably cut Golladay a 2nd time, just for the fun of it.

3 Likes

Beasley and Crowder probably both get cut. Weird choice by both parties. Their top 6 is pretty much set unless someone can’t go come week 1.

They have the slot more than covered already…just a weird addition.

1 Like

They sure do have a bunch of short WR’s

4 Likes

Sterling Shepard may blow an ACL on his way to the cafeteria…
so probably wanted insurance…. :grimacing:

2 Likes

It’s pretty telling that Golladay hasn’t even got a whiff of interest.

3 Likes

Is that what that whiff was ? :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Kenny doesn’t even own a bed, he just sleeps on a pile of money he stole from the Giants! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve had some bad takes and misses…
but still can’t believe people wanted to keep Kenny here for >$15 million AAV. Dude was never worth that kind of contract.

Then he had ZERO interest on the market…
and Gettleman outbid himself!!!

2 Likes

It’s so true…too bad too because he’s a really solid player

2 Likes

Why do the Giants have 5-7 slot WR now?

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember when slots were a Las Vegas thing.

Because Daniel Jones’ arm strength tops out in the 15 yard range.

Golladay never made sense with the Giants, even if they hadn’t massively overpaid. He is or at least was a big vertical route receiver who used his strength to overcome a lack of separation. He couldn’t have been a worse fit for Jones.

PLUS, we got Kerby Joseph for him. One of Brad’s best moves.

2 Likes

I don’t remember which side of this fence you were on but I was on board for bringing him back for 15 million but none of us knew his heart wasn’t in it anymore…we had a clue but I think he just lost all interest in doing what it would take to be the same good player he was.

off with his head GIF

Many had this view. Appreciate the guys who remember these things. Your credibility goes way up with me. For the record, I think I was waffling back and forth. I wanted to sign him for a hometown discount. There was a boatload of us.

Here are some screen shots from a post I had…
My biggest issue with re-signing Golladay was that we knew the roster wasn’t close to be competitive… so why dump a bunch of cap space on a guy that would be hitting 30yo when the team finally became relevant?

Holmes instead has built one of the youngest rosters in the NFL and has the Lions ready to compete for the long haul. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember I didn’t feel strongly either way but leaned toward wanting him back at the right price just because we had such a lack of talent at WR at the time. Like his age or not, you can’t just dump all talent at once and hope to be close to a decent football team.

Giants GM Joe Schein is salivating.