Glad the Lions play indoors

I remember my first Lions game was freezing cold at Briggs Stadium. Can’t remember who they played that day or even if the Lions won, just that it was really really cold.

They’re predicting near record cold temps for Dolphins at Chiefs. Miami at a huge disadvantage IMO.

The prediction reminded me of this game, which my Dad actually attended:

2 Likes

Did your dad eat that spaghetti-chili bullsh!t?

1 Like

Didn’t eat anything that day. They were doing everything they could just to stay warm.

And, generally no, I don’t recall my Dad ever eating Cincinnati style chili.

I’m typically not much of a food snob but for whatever reason that one gets me :man_shrugging:

Buckeyes sound like a tasty treat though.

My good friend is from Ohiotucky as he calls it so I get some snippets of Southern Ohio culture.

Dude I laughed my ass off over that. I’m In Kentucky and everyone does that. I didn’t care for it at first but it’s not bad.

I’ve had it. It’s ok, but chili has never been one of my favorite things to eat. I only eat it when I have no other choice.

'cause it’s bloody awful

People who talk about all football stadiums needing to be outdoors…

…don’t actually attend the games. And interestingly enough things aren’t nearly as bad for some of the cold weather outdoor players as they used to be. Teams like the Packers and Chiefs have under field heating systems making it toasty for those guys.

2 Likes

I worked at a law firm just out of school and one of the Partners had an important client in Cincinnati. She went to visit with a local firm and they were so excited to take her out to the “best spot”. She simply had to try the local fare. And that’s what was served. She was a good sport about it but as a NY foodie she was internally horrified. I’ve never had it although I’m actually ambivalent at best about both spaghetti and Chili so I’m probably not the best judge.

I dont know dude. The Pats and KC have both dominated the past 20 years playing in the cold in the playoffs. I’m sure those fans ■■■■■■■ love it.

I prefer attending outdoor games for sure over domes. But I’m a crazy Canadian who aint afraid of being cold. :laughing:

Tom Brady took that “cold weather dominance” to Tampa. And beat Patrick Mahomes with a tan. It wasn’t the weather.

Tom Brady Goat GIF

1 Like

It was more the home field advantage in the super bowl and the dominanting Bucs D.

But it was played outdoors :+1: which is great

It’s all good. I understand people like the dome. I much prefer going to the Big House over Ford Field. Just my 2 cents

I remember the “Freezer Game”. Seeing snot literally forming icicles off the players mustache’s. Also the shirtless three amigos in the endzone seats. There always is.

posts brian GIF

You will eat your pile of pasta and savory meat stew with cheese, Extra onions and Hot Sauce

LIKE GOD INTENDED!

Jesus Christ Power GIF

1 Like

Why would a warm weather team have a home field advantage? That’s weird.

Duh… Gatorade is better than water.

Adam Sandler Water GIF by Death Wish Coffee

-7 at KO? That ballpark anyway. Expecting it to be “toasty”, well, maybe but really?

This topic was automatically closed after 33 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.