GM Premium Draft Trends

Bijan had always been my personal target. But you and others have provided enough evidence that says it was unlikely. Then the Monty signing pretty much shut the door for my perfect draft.
No biggie.
I LOVED the Davis/Tabor draft… wasn’t overly happy with the Decker pick.
I will say how I love the free agency is filling holes, leaving draft as a more BPA looking approach. My preference.

1 Like
1 Like

Ah ok, thanks. I didn’t know if they were saying 1st and 2nd round were premium picks or certain positions.

If you feel you have a great coaching staff focused on “teaching” guys to get better, get younger more athletic guys that you can “coach up” to greatness.

#6 Gonzalez 9.94 He’s only 20 (will turn 21 in June)
#18 Washington 9.85 Only 21, turns 22 in August.

1 Like

In Brad’s first draft his first 2 picks were guys who opted out of the entire season, not just the final few games.

Extenuating circumstances, as I’m sure you’re aware. Different than quitting - while healthy - just because the team stinks.

1 Like

There’s some dude that plays the most premium position of all, hasn’t yet turned 21 and has the highest RAS ever at the position. I forget his name though.

Based on what DTs got paid in FA, I think DT needs to be classified as a premium position.

3 Likes

I understand that circumstances are different. But so was that year in general. I realize people like to forget how odd things were, particularly for “bad” teams who kept cancelling rescheduling games. If you go back and see things in real time, the games he missed were games that got rescheduled and pushed later into the year. The last regular season game for LSU in 2022 was November 26th against Texas A&M. The last game Marshall played in was November 29th against Texas A&M. I don’t have an issue with that, particularly for a guy on his 3rd QB.

Not to be pushy, but…is part 3 coming out anytime soon?

1 Like

Bored GIF

Just waiting on more RAS scores, honestly. Missing about 2/3rd to 1/2 of PFFs Big Board still.

1 Like

Draft chart value allocation for every GM in their respective tenure with their top-100 picks

1 Like

Man… if only he knew anything about playing the position and wasnt a total “build from scratch” prospect he might succeed. Maybe by the time he is 25 he will learn ball control so he can throw to the correct team

I’m not necessarily forecasting him to succeed. If it were my job on the line I’d pass. At the same
time if we draft him I’ll be excited bc he’s forgotten more about football then I’ll ever know.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.