Goff and Campbell moving up the ranks

9 Likes

I’m starting to get a little salty with all the a-holes that goofed on him that 1st year. I’ve been all about “no receipts”, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a few a-holes admit they’re full of crap.

9 Likes

It’s worth noting that the Dan Campbell era is now at .500 winning percentage overall at 26-26-1. Just last season ar one point we were 4-19-1. That’s 22-7 since then. I must be hallucinating…

18 Likes

Don’t forget ARSB, who today became the Lions leading receptions in a season. Passed Herman Moore, who also set that record in the playoffs.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/LionsPR/status/1749235006550003985

18 Likes

lol and he was injured to boot.

Honestly Dan deserved a fair amount of criticism his first year. His first OC he hired was a terrible fit, it took him until his 12th game to get a win - it wasn’t some smooth start here. To his credit he has steadily improved as a HC every step of the way. It’s been impressive. Hes clearly put in the work and has gotten better and better over the last 3 years which is a huge testament to him and his desire to build a winning program.

2 Likes

Who votes for coach of the year?
Is it sports writers or somebody else?
Because I agree a lot of them have egg on their faces.

3 Likes

Let’s hope that Superbowl appearance trumps coach of the year.

1 Like

Herman Moore caught 123 passes during the 1995 (I believe) regular season. Which was the NFL record for catches in a season at the time.

Playoff numbers do not count. Maybe ARSB had more catches including playoffs…but that’s also in 2 extra games.

Herman Moore is my favorite Lion all time so I felt some type of way reading your post lol!

Firstly, he did it last week. Secondly, the people on the radio said it, not me. Take your beef up with them kind sir.

…and undefeated in the playoffs as a hc

2 Likes

Detroit vs Everyone!
The 2023 Detroit Lions are a great football team, from owner to waterboy.
I’m totally serious.
Give Dan Campbell the keys to the city.

2 Likes

MCDC has never lost a playoff game as HC

3 Likes

You know when guys melted down on Goff for throwing it out of bounds on 4th down, twice I believe, I said I would have thrown it at the staff meaning Anthony Lynn. We had no talent and the coaches were learning just like the players. Thankfully Lynn got fired and we added talent as we went along and the remaining staff has grown into their roles. It’s been a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Funny how they single out Goff/Campbell when EVERY player on the team hit that milestone… Absolutely pathetic that it took 67 years. WCF was one of the worst owners in NFL history…

There’s no beef and I feel like my comment didn’t have that tone at all. I tried to make that clear with my last comment in the response. Sorry if you thought I was picking a fight bro.

Nope, didn’t take it like that at all. I was more clarifying on my end. All good as usual.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.