Goff can’t read defense according to Mcvay

OMG. Then he would join virtually every other decent starting QB in the history of the NFL in winning a playoff game. I can almost guarantee there has only been one 12 year starting QB in the history of the NFL to never win a playoff game.
I don’t care if he wins or not in LA. The fact is that he didn’t win anything in 12 years in Detroit, and everyone knew he was never going to win here ever.

1 Like

I do…I hope the Rams fail miserably given us a better pick!

1 Like

Lols , yeah because Rogers would have success with with this Lions Team with Patricia coaching. You can’t see a difference in the coaching, or the team that was on the field. News Flash Tom Brady would have never won a play off game if his career was in Detroit.

Facts are facts, and opinions are opinions little mouse.
People that are good at making excuses are rarely good for anything else.
You can have any opinion you want and you can make up any excuse you want, but the facts haven’t changed. 74-90-1, 12 years, 1 pro bowl, 0-3 in playoffs, zero division titles. Spin it however you want though, it’s your prerogative.

Yeah and some opinions actually happen and others is just BS . Like before Stafford was traded you guys said he had no value because he has never won anything. And I said Teams would not look at it like that , they might think we wouldn’t have won any games without Stafford he was the only reason we won, and if they could be close at end Stafford can win the game as he did with them 28 comebacks. And low and behold McVay said that same thing.

1 Like

Can you point to where I said that? Of course not, because I never said anything remotely close to that. But you have never let facts get in the way of an insult. Enjoy.

Maybe that’s the issue disagreeing with you or pointing out facts that contradicts your opinion is insulting. Maybe you did think he was worth 2 1st rd pics idk but with your posts it sure doesn’t sound like it.

Claiming that Rodgers or Brady wouldn’t have won in Detroit is not a fact. It is a claim of opinion.
Just because you want to believe something that didn’t happen or can’t be measured is a fact does not make it a fact. Sorry.

1 Like

No that’s not a fact it’s comin sense, the fact was nfl personal does not blame Stafford for detroit not winning. And that they look at what he did accomplish as amazing under the shit show he played for

Semantics. In the NFL, when a QB mentions the word trade, they are 100% gone.
Stafferd was more than aware of this.

I’m not saying this makes him a bad person. But he wanted out. He’s out. His history has been written in Detroit … make of it what you will.

NOT AT ALL!

In LA, they’ll improve at Stafford’s pace because he’s the one their system’s new to.
In Detroit the offense progresses at the pace of the weakest links. HUGE difference. In LA, he could be ready to go game 1. In Detroit, the offense will be installed all year long.

You made my point.

You put winning and losing on the QB but your argument looses all merit if he wins elsewhere.

It’s a team sport. It takes a team to win.

1 Like

I think anti-Goff folks have this as a problem they need to deal with:
Goff put up back-to-back 100+ QB ratings for a season. Yet in their mind that was all McVay.
Goff has had down seasons in 2019 and now 2020…that is all Goff.

My take is I have always LOVED Stafford and I will defend him forever. I have spared with many on this board as I defended Matt;s talent. But Matt’s game was not refined before 2015. Before Caldwell. It just wasn’t. Matt got by on talent, a great arm and confidence. And I love the guy and I love how he is leaving Detroit. He got the Lions value for him as he left with style.

Goff’s has a TON of talent! Bit he needs help with his game. McVay IS a brilliant coach but over time he no longer was brilliant for Goff. McVay failed Goff and the Rams as he could not get Goff over this hump. At least everyone is smart enough to think “well, McVay cannot work with Goff anymore, a developed veteran is available…get that guy, win now and worry about losing those assets after we win.” That is smart for the Rams. But it is also a failure that they could not develop Goff past his slump.

The Lions seem all in on developing Goff. As they should be. Anthony Lynn has worked with young QBs. Lynn is a fine OC and we have a great ex-player in Brunell to help Goff too. I think Jared simply wanted to be in a place where he could LEARN and not have to be micromanaged or expected to do things he wasn’t good at and that staff could not get him to do.

All things are true at once. McVay IS a great coach, but he wasn’t great enough to get Goff to take that last step (neither was Stafford pre-Caldwell). Goff has talent, he has played really, really well in this leaguek he in fact IS a top talent but his game needs work. He needs new voices in his ear. The Lions AND Rams are BOTH better for this trade. Detroit gets the assets and we get to develop Goff. The Rams get a fully realized veteran QB at the top of his game.

That is it. Goff cannot read a defense is dumb. It is a stupid thing to say and think. Goff and McVay were awful at communicating with likely each guy playing a role in a TOTAL communication breakdown. A team CANNOT have the OC/HC and QB not talking. That if fucking stupid and most of that is on McVay. But McVay is a pretty awesome offensive mind too. It is a shame their egos didn’t allow them to figure out how to stay together. Oh well. We get a really good young QB who has played in the Super Bowl. They get a hungry veteran.

I hope we have a better record than the Rams as I want a better draft pick. I wish Matt lucj but I will smile every time the Rams lose now. And I hope they lose a LOT. NOTHING would make me happier than the Lions kicking ass and maybe even winning a playoff game beyond all odds and the Rams losing.

5 Likes

There are no anti-Goff folks. There are people keeping his acquisition in perspective.

2 Likes

Perspective is relative. Cynicism is often confused for realism.

4 Likes

There’s people wanting to trade him already to get an unproven rookie QB.

1 Like

Not really interested in a tit for tat on being deluded due to optimism/skepticism. I’ll just say that some of us are not changing our opinion of Goff simply because he’s a Lion. “Trust your grade at the end of the season” is something I try to remember.

I’ve missed any posts that are advocating for trading him. I’ve certainly seen posts suggest we draft the QB of the future and use Goff as a bridge QB.

1 Like

WTYM (Word To Your Mother!)

1 Like

I’m on record.

Matt Stafford played with one of the more talented casts in recent memory at Georgia. He had a top 5, top 20 overall, a 2nd rounder, and an undrafted free agent WR who stuck in NFL for 4 years.

That amazing arm talent. and stellar cast equated to 25 tds and 10 ints.with 62%?completions in his best year there.

Can you guys imagine Fields with 25 tds and 10 picks in a full season. He’s thrown 65 tds in under 2 seasons and has 9 career picks.

MATT STAFFORD HAS 8 WINS AGAINST WINNING TEAMS IN 12 YEARS IS 8-67!!! Not a typo. He has beaten a winning teams ONCE PER EVERY 1.5 SEASONS!!!

How many of the of his 24 comeback wins came against bad teams? My math says at least 16 assuming all 8 wins against winning teams were comebacks!

My point is that he’s averaged about 6.5 wins per year over his career. Almost 38% of his total wins were 4th quarter comebacks. Mostly against bad teams. Mostly against prevent D

How well did he read defenses with judge OL and weapon investments? Not very well

2 Likes

Excellent post, my bro!