Goff goes off on Detroit media

https://twitter.com/lionsfanreport/status/1778060952274907591

I have no problem with what he said.

11 Likes

There’s still a ton of fans that have been scarred for decades that have the same mentality so there is a crowd for the media to connect with. I feel bad for the people that can’t enjoy the success in the moment without saying the only thing that matters is a Super Bowl. You gotta enjoy the journey otherwise life will pass you by and it’ll be too late.

I rewatched the Rams game the other day. Was awesome again, but didn’t compare to the joy that we lived in the moment. That was definitely my favorite Lions victory in my lifetime.

9 Likes

yeah, i largely avoid detroit media for this reason

4 Likes

If this is what it takes to keep that chip on Goffs shoulder then I hope the Detroit media continues to fire away.

5 Likes

A fair bit short of going off IMO, but yeah that press room is infamous for it’s gloom and doom.

10 Likes

Damn Skippy, QB!

JA-RED GOFF!!

JA-RED GOFF!!

4 Likes

He’s not wrong!

I tend to agree with him.

There are far more negative articles in local media than there are positive.

Hopefully the brand new lions continue to change the narrative c

4 Likes

It depends on what you consume. There are writers who I think offer a fair assessment of the Lions, and who are impartial. There are also the hacks who need to be extreme, but I live in NY and it’s the same here. Lions players and fans seem to consume the ultra negative loud mouths then blame “the Detroit media,” but if you choose to consume the negative sources then it’s disingenuous to complain about the negativity.

I think Brad Holmes did this last month as well, sort of calling out the media. I think Goff and Holmes are doing it to “prove” something but honestly it just makes them look salty and annoying. Like, just keep winning and having fun with the process and celebrating with the literally hundreds of thousands of people who are LOVING this. Instead focusing on the small percentage of negative naysayers… who by the way only exist because of decades of losing… is really annoying. I’m glad the current Lions having this chip on their shoulder, but honestly stop whining like babies.

Especially towards Goff. He can play a dozen brilliant games in a row then when he has an off week they come out sounding like Catholic Ninja

4 Likes

If we’re being honest - before this season this franchise hasn’t won a playoff game since 1991. That’s INSANITY. I think giving the storylines one season to playout is pretty reasonable. Expecting things to flip before they even won a playoff game, or a division, was silly. They needed to win to change the narrative. They’ve done that, so let’s see if it changes. But expecting the narrative to change when you hadn’t even won anything yet was pretty obtuse.

1 Like

Last year we won 12 games, did you spend any time in the game day chats during the 5 losses? :innocent:

3 Likes

They do come off salty but they’re competitors. Brad is the most passionate GM I’ve ever seen. He’s being his true self. If that includes keeping receipts to slap them on the table after another great season, then that’s fine with me. If we end up with a bad season, I believe Brad will own it and look to improve.

The chest pounding is warranted after he helped turn around the team in 3 seasons. We just had the best season in decades and arguably the best one in the Super Bowl era. And the core of the team is still on rookie deals. Goff just won 2 playoff games for the DETROIT LIONS and he’s still not satisfied and still has a chip on his shoulder.

Winning is the best antidote. Just become undeniable then the negativity will eventually subside. But there will always be negative media members because they know it generates traffic.

5 Likes

I did once…

…once

1 Like

Haha so true. Best to avoid the game day chats.

Fire This Is Fine GIF

5 Likes

Exactly!!!

We have a ton of so called fans that were so addicted to having the lions shit in their cereal every sunday that they STARTED SHITTING IN THEIR OWN CEREAL just to maintain their addiction. Basic psychology of addictive brain chemistry. Now those people are a real problem spreading their toxicity to get their fix. They may have cost us J Rey from returning.

2 Likes

I love what he said!
It’s evolution for our city…Natty Time!!!

Everyone shifting to a space of more faith & celebration!

Girl Smile GIF

They even wear the shirts!
Salty ass, superbowl winning MF’rz!

Love it, man!

1 Like

Word!

1 Like

I dont think he really knows what negative media is…LA doesnt even have a sports media (unless it’s for the Lakers, and maybe Dodgers), so he didnt really have to deal with anything there; Detroit sports media is pretty middle of the road…if he thinks it’s bad here, he should try NY, Philly, Pitt, Dallas, Chi etc. THOSE towns have 24/7 rake your ass over the coals sports media. Idk man, Goff actually get’s treated very well when he does his Tues interviews on 97.1 with Karsch and Gator. Is he talking about the print media? Seriously, his name get’s chanted at events all over the state, and damn near every media voice in town says to pay him. And when the Lions actually started winning things, the media I’ve seen has been on board…is he living in the past, when the Lions sucked for 50+ years? Because there was legit reason for everyone to be negative because this team was ass for so long :man_shrugging:

1 Like