Goff The problem?

Everyone seems to think Goff is not any good. He is not great, but you can win with this guy. He was really good in college, he was drafted #1 for a reason. He has been won playoff games and been to the super bowl for a reason. Looking at all the NFL QB’s, I would rate him near the top half of all QB’s. I generated a list of all the starting NFL QB’s and labeled the ones I thought were defiantly better than Goff in Green, the ones I thought were on par with Goff (maybe a little better or worse) I labeled Yellow and the ones I thought have not proved anything or were not a good I labeled Blue. I think Goff is far from the problem with the Lions and if they were smart they would roll with Goff and fill all of the other blinding holes in this roster through the draft and Free Agency.

3 Likes

A lot of people have Dak as a green. I like where you have him.

Kyler Murray is barely a yellow if that. He will be dominant right now while healthy and the weather is good. Once either of those factors changes he become Carson Wentz.

I agree on Goff. He won a lot of games with the Rams. #2 after Brady. If there had been a semblance of defense in the first 2 lions games, they would have been close matches against 2 likely playoff teams.

1 Like

you can’t say Goff is the problem THIS early. look at he has to throw to, look what the defense is at this point…once again the team is halfassed ! just like the other 59 years. you cannot be perfect at every position, but yo can have good players all through your team, something the lions never have.
The Lions never have anything that is continuous unless it’s losing. What happened to "The Solid Offseason " talks? then when it’s game time ??? well right back to how bad “we suck” ?
Same shit different year. even 'Lions Fans ’ treat the team like it’s a steaming pile, why would anyone else give praise?

It remains to be seen if Goff is the problem. But right now, the defense is front and center as the major problem.

3 Likes

I’d put Matt Ryan in yellow. I think I’d put Dak in green as well.

My crystal ball shows the Barnes door wide open today and all the horses running loose and free… A new era begins.
Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy

3 Likes

I think it’ll make a difference. Obviously we still need a lot more help, but I like the trenches first approach. Barnes is gonna make some rook mistakes, blow the occasional coverage, over pursue, stuff like that. What I’m hoping to see from him is - sure tackling, hyper-aggressive, influencing teammates with his energy, and improvement every week.

Aaron Glen will have his boys seal the edges and funnel Lamar right into Barnes waiting arms.

1 Like

[quote=“FalseStart, post:8, topic:11988”]
Aaron Glen will have his boys seal the edges and funnel Lamar right into Barnes waiting arms.
Can’t wait. Brings a tear to my eye