Good shows for the long off-season

Anyone have any Netflix, Prime, etc. shows that they really like?
Right now, I’m addicted to the “Vikings” (no not the purple ones) on History Channel/Hulu. I usually run through 2-3 episodes a night, but my wife won’t watch it. You know, beheadings and stuff.

Anything a little tamer that people are into?

1 Like

Fool Me Once, on Netflix. Crime/Mystery-Mini series IIRC 8-9 episodes. 4-1/2*

1 Like

Cobra Kai on Netflix

2 Likes

Reacher on Prime

5 Likes

Mr Inbetween on Hulu.

1 Like

Reacher
Bosch
The Young Wallender
Look up Harlan Coban Netflix series, great author and all of the Netflix shows are really well done. I think there are 5-7 of them.

2 Likes

Here you go…

2 Likes

Shameless, Ozark, Longmire, Justified, Letterkenny (for high school humor), Cold Justice, Deadwood (followed up by Deadwood The Movie)…just a few the wife and I have enjoyed on cold winter evenings.

2 Likes

What style of shows do you like? Every Fargo season aside from season 3 is really good IMO.

1 Like

Longmire, gift, invisible guardian (three movie trilogy). warrior nun, chosen, manifest, night shift, designated survivor

And yes, I like Lucifer, the whole six seasons!

If you like Vikings, you would probably like The Last Kingdom on Netflix.

4 Likes

Cephus does not surprise me at all. Dude has terrific hands. I get that Mitchell may not pass the grit test but I find that drop rate ridiculously impressive when you consider his route tree and Ewers’ occasional spotty ball placement.

Reruns of Married With Children…

Married With Children Fight GIF by Leroy Patterson

2 Likes

Reading books, the library, the gym, running sprint intervals on grass, praying/giving thanks/meditating, walking 10k steps per day or more… Much less screen time.

1 Like

Don’t pull a Dre Greenlaw

1 Like

I stretch out a lot. Then jog a few minutes for a warm up, then when I start my sprints, I jog for the fist 5 yards, then run for 5 yards, and then enter my sprint speed for 30 seconds. Which is still pretty slow at my age. With a 3 minute walking recovery between sets.

2 Likes

Sounds nice. The screens inevitably tractor beam me back in. Attention span is so blunted by the constant ebb and flow of digital that I can barely make it more than 20 pages in a book. Might take me a year and a half to make it through the best reads if at all- don’t think that’s good. I do pray throughout the day, trying to connect with my Creator in a way that really means something to me and changes me from the inside. And I triathlon train most days- runs/rides/swims/lifting. Was there a process or strategy you implemented to get to a more intentional separation from media?

2 Likes

As for stuff to watch with my wife we enjoyed Modern Family. She didn’t care for Vikings either but she did love Game of Thrones that had some messed up stuff so go figure.

God Tier:
Breaking Bad
Star Trek TOS and TNG.
Deadwood
Band of Brothers
Chernobyl
Chappelle Show

I just couldn’t get into it, not for me Tier:
The Sopranos
The Wire
Game Of Thrones
Six Feet Under

I Love It Tier:
Twin Peaks
Better Call Saul
Battlestar Gallatica
Columbo
Fargo (Didn’t watch season 4 because of bad reviews)
South Park
Barry
Bosch
The Mandalorian (Didn’t watch season 3 because of bad reviews)
Mr Robot
Westworld (Only watched season 1)
Severance (Patiently waiting for season 2)
Hannibal
Dexter
Sherlock
Beavis and Butthead

It was OK Tier:
Lost
MASH
The Walking Dead (Actually enjoyed this at first, but yeah, lasted way too long)

Underrated Foreign Tier:
Mr Inbetween (Australia)
Dark (Gemany)
Şahsiyet (Turkey)

Stranger Things on Netflix , Ozarks , I watched a lot of Forged In Fire , The Witcher series , Alone-series , I think “The Mule” is on Netflix (Clint Eastwood) ,

1 Like