Haason Reddick has received permission to seek a trade

If we wanted a pass rusher, we should have drafted Latu in our draft. That’s who I picked.

2 Likes

Me too!

Nevermind. Too early. Getting my topics mixed up.

2 Likes

It makes sense to me. Raiders were actually the 9th rated D this year but they were 30th in 2020 when Max was there. I think we can all agree he wasn’t this good back in 2020. But you got me, I want Max. Something about that Philly team though, they really quit on the team, I would be very hesitant to pick any players off that team other than maybe Hurts. I believe in Hurts.

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if Brad made this move. I wouldn’t necessarily hate it, but I would be very surprised. It’s not his MO.

2 Likes

I’d be interested to know what the Raiders ranking was before Antonio Pierce took over as HC and after. I’m guessing it was better after Josh McDaniels left.

1 Like

Not many have.
So nobody that hasn’t equaled Houston’s 9 game stretch is worth getting to help our defense?

The pedestal ppl around here put Houston on still makes me shake my head… I get he had a good HALF season, but Jesus, people act like he’s guaranteed to be the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor.

3 Likes

Yeah he had a world class half of a season… then brutally broke his ankle. Not a simple injury. We hope he gets his burst back. Sports surgeries improve almost monthly now and i expect that to get even faster. But we have to see him on the field properly before we know what we have.

The Lions weren’t as impressed with his world class half-season otherwise they wouldn’t have moved him to linebacker and given his job to Charles Harris.

No reason whatsoever to believe the Lions would play Haason Reddick at DE. He has all of the same limitations.

1 Like

Reddick just isn’t a great fit. I have said this before, but I really think edge is much higher on the needs list for the fans than it is for the front office

Hutch, Davenport, Paschal, Cominsky, Houston are all
Making this team (at his current cost Houston isn’t going anywhere).

That is a total of 5 guys. There is probably one more spot open, and I wouldn’t discount the guy we got from the CFL.

Brad may still grab an edge in the draft if the board falls that way, but I would put money that we will not be adding anyone significant in FA (5mil+ AAV).

FA seems to have come to a halt for most of the league as they prepare for the draft. My guess is they see how they draft falls and then plug the rest of their holes in FA. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add a WR before the draft as we have a couple spots open there, but that’s probably it unless it’s a minimum type deal.

I hope Latu actually falls to the Lions pick, but I really doubt it. I was going to take him for the Chiefs even though having Patrick Mahomes on the 15th ranked offense is an assault to my senses. But I just couldn’t pass on a guy like Latu and a chance to put him next to Chris Jones, oh yeah it was happening.

My gut tells me this is who Brad wants! Hutch and Latu are essentially the same type of player IMO. Both can drop in coverage and pass rush. Both can set the edge which our staff like in players

2 Likes

Would you put them both on the field at the same time? How much are you willing to give up/pay for something you already have on the roster?

I don’t think that’s true. Houston certainly passed the eye test, not only in his ability to get to the QB, but in his pursuit downfield. I think many of us just want to see the version of Houston from two years ago back on the field.

2 Likes

The Patricia psychological effect. No way it’s a coincidence.

Not Sewell, Gibby, & Foxy-boy!

1 Like

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

de by committee, my call too.

Outside of Hutch, not one of those guys put up more than 2 sacks. Just having “guys” isn’t good enough and just having “guys” cost us last year. Getting Reeder should help free up Alim inside. IF Houston comes back strong and Davenport plays in January then we’ll have significant improvement. But adding guys who can put QB’s on their backs is ALWAYS something you should look at. As far as comp, what high level FA’s are getting in trades at this point, isn’t all that much, but the benefit of trading for a guy is YOU get the guy. You don’t have to “compete” for his services.