Hakeem Valles interview. Basically calls Patricia a dumpster fire

Caldwell is still to this day the only coach to bench Stafford for shitting the bed

1 Like

Measurably as in wins? Because he went 6-10, 7-9,7-9 his first three years as a HC there. Patricia did 6-10 and I think its very likely he goes at least 6-10 and maybe 7-9 with a healthy Stafford his second year. He made all kinds of mistakes those first three years. Season tickets plummeted. The media hated him. The fans hated him. They were howling to get rid of him.
He alienated vets too. He wasn’t an eclectic coaching genius back then. Fungus on his shower shoes meant he was a slob not colorful. But he got OTJ training. Exactly what Patricia is getting right now.

Does that mean we can expect Patricia to be Bill B? Well…that’s a tall order and wouldn’t try to sell anybody on that. But I do think there are SIMILARITIES that should hold up. Similarities in situation and similarities in coaching styles/trees. In trying to implement the scheme and culture. The one thing that is keeping me going is Speilman’s support. He doesn’t have to do that. IMO, I can see coaching chops with Patricia. He can game plan. He can make adjustments. BB got fired and getting fired is what made him adjust, and that is the danger with Patricia too.

So my point is, I’m not really sure if getting rid of this whole deal is the best move. I want to see it play out at least another year.

Its not. The defense sucks. He needs to fix it. I agree 100%. But I do think its intertwined with culture. Its about learning how to play positions, being able to adjust. Being a smart savvy football team. Like the Pats have been. But there is a large amount of plain suck to this defense, and it is troubling.

One thing though that I like is that I could care less anymore to debate 3-13 vs. 6-10 or 6-10 vs. 9-7. That mentality is over for me. I like it whether he is the ultimate guy or not, when Quinn says we’re here to win Super Bowls. Not go 9-7 like its an accomplishment. So if we have to suck for a little while to build up to that, then I’m okay with it. The problem, most obviously, is you really don’t know if you are building up to it until you turn the corner. I saw flashes this year, but ultimately, we’re at least another offseason from turning the proverbial corner. Assume we turn it…so I’m apt to stay the course…nervously.

They won 3 games before they hired Bill, 6-10 and 7-9 is better than the 3-13 they went before he showed up with the same players.

That was pre free agency, pre salary cap so it was the same team.

1 Like

Yeah, and the years before that they went to the AFC Championship game like three out of four years and should have won twice. You act like they were an expansion team.

Even Bill admits he shit the bed in Cleveland looking back.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks being a leader is demeaning people, calling them names and treating them with zero respect has no clue what true leadership is. Being tough and setting a high standard while still treating people with respect is leadership. Demand, expect and get the most out of people while never acting like you are better than them. Treat people fairly and genuinely care for them while still pushing them to meet higher standards.
Great coaches and leaders in general do this well. There are a lot of counterfeits out there. I know that when you genuinely care for people they will work hard for you and won’t flinch when you push them to their limit. If you give lip service to caring for them they may do what you want but nothing more and they will harbor a great resentment toward you when you ask for more. I am not sure about MP - he seems to have improved in some areas this year but results to date don’t seem to jive. I personally just do not see the effort on the field to support any theory that he is a good leader. I suspect he will be here for another year so I hope I am wrong.

2 Likes

Glover Quin basically backed up Valles comments, even said his way has regressed the team

As a 32 year ticket holder, I have seen enough to know we are not winning as long as he is coach. The players have zero respect for him and it shows on the field

2 Likes

Who said this was the way to be a leader ? A valid statement by you if indeed this was someones take…but was it someones take
?

It’s possible to be detail oriented without demeaning people.

2 Likes

So it is not a valid statement if it is not pointed at someone? I was trying not to be argumentative but since you ask this is your statement:
Fuck you do your job , my way or the highway . Get on board or get lost .
NO SAFE PLACES…Perform , do your job or be berated . Learn from it and get better or if you are so weak minded that your panties get in a bunch …Leave.
It’s a breath of fresh air for me for what has been a dumpster fire for my lifetime . Change that shit by any and all means .
While you may get some short term results from that kind of leadership it will never last. Eventually it will catch up to the person and organization. I am all for “fixing the culture” if it needs to be fixed. But taking a bad culture and changing it to another bad culture gets you no where.

2 Likes

I think guys like u will be disappointed, Patricia is not the pats or anything like the pats . The only way u get the pats is if u have Bill and Tom. Quin is not Patriot like and neither is Patricia they were expendable parts that have been replaced and the pats never missed a beat.

2 Likes

Yep - I generally find that people who feel a need to demean other people do so because they are very aware of and insecure in their own shortcomings.

3 Likes

Ugh ! Patricia was NEVER a damn HC IN HIS LIFE. Pat’s DC once upon a time yep, went to college and got an education , bright enough to work on nuclear subs and programs ? , yep .

but somewhere, somehow SOMEONE thought “I wonder how Matt Patricia would be as a NFL HC…maybe The Lions.” and that sent the ball moving prior to thee 2018 season. Matt P was approached about the opportunity and chose it. over his typical field of study. I thought at first, he was being brought in as a DC , but found out almost immediately it was for the HC spot. I knew he wasn’t going to do shit as a HC his first few seasons ,and he was going to have to LEARN the ins and outs of that job , WHICH I also knew would take time (why I said few seasons) to get into a groove and be a quality HC IF that is what is going to take place.

I sure as hell wasn’t expecting the next fucking Bill B Immediately, but evidently a bunch of you were based off all the bashing of him.

Very deceiving of you… but when you continue my take which was

Respect is not given it is earned and that is lost on most …The idea that it starts out that way when two people are not equals in the process is a sad misconception . Treated fairly , given an opportunity or at the very least tolerated but respect is an honor that is earned 100% …
Who says he was demeaning or calling people bad names ? To come from the Patriots and say this team is a joke or shit is keeping it real and being a straight shooter . Fans say this very thing everyday .
Players earn the reputation they get . A clean slate is a joke at best , leopards do not change spots .
You cant be the well respected Coach until it is earned so in the mean time you are just a dictator that controls a players future short term, it’s par for the course. You can not buy in without having the players that fit what you want to do . And if a player does not buy in you ship them out …it’s that simple .

Not to bring race into it, but could it be possible that Valles looked up to Caldwell as a father figure and then when a fat, white guy came in and didn’t treat them very nice, he got mad when they just released him.

1 Like

And one of his first moves was hiring his butt buddy Pauly P. A 85 year old dead tree.

1 Like

This is a dude that has a pot business and didn’t want to play football.

Is it any surprise he would be catching flack in a meeting?

You’re competing at the highest level of football and are duplicitous about being in the league at all? That will show. These are pros out there working toward something. Guys who lack commitment are the worst at any level of business.

1 Like
  1. Him having a pot business has nothing to do with anything. Most every player is involved in business/ investing. What exactly are you trying to imply? That because he is involved in a pot business he is lazy? Bad, bad take.

2)He said everyone got ripped to shreds in meetings. Not just him. I’m going to assume at this point you didn’t listen to the interview.

1. How do you feel that he lacked commitment? It seems like the guy was commuted when he was in the league. The guys wife had a miscarriage and was in Detroit the next day for a workout. Just because he said now that he’s out of the league, he wants to focus on business doesn’t mean he wasn’t committed when playing.

But then again you are the president of the Laken Tomlinson fan club… a guy who doesn’t fit into NFL locker rooms. Congrats on having no idea what you’re talking about… you love Patricia and want to defend him/ discredit everyone else who is against him. We get it.

3 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EK-0CeWWsAA4eZV?format=jpg&name=large

1 Like

This sounds like a terrible idea. You are just making a bad situation worse.

2 Likes