Happy(?) Anniversary

The Fords bought the Lions 56 years ago, this day…

…And JFK was assassinated the SAME DAY

4 Likes

Two tragedies.

3 Likes

Also, the day I got my puppy! My dad had to do something special, upon hearing the JFK news.

2 Likes

Fun fact: JFK was named after an airport. I guess his parents really liked flying thru there.

1 Like

Great story, BitterSyd. :heart:

My God did he ever hate that family.

The Kennedy death car, built by Ford, is now in the Henry Ford Museum.

Coincidence? You decide.

it’s a coincidence

1 Like

You wanna talk about a coincidence?? Riddle me this…

Grassy knoll???

As in the Lions were meant to play on GRASS (like back when they were actually good), and they were meant to hire Chuck KNOLL.

Instead, the Ford’s didn’t see the signs and the rest is history. Idiots.

1 Like

Wait a minute…Isn’t there a grassy knoll at the end of the field in Allen Park? I think so…

3 Likes

JFK was killed in Dallas. The Dallas Cowboys practice facilities have a Ford connection.

JFK’s middle name was Fitzgerald. The 2 worst teams in the league who look like they were shot in the head (Lions and Browns) played preseason games for the Edmond Fitzgerald trophy. OMG :grimacing::thinking::open_mouth:

But wait, there’s more!

It’s a damn shame that Snags is missing out on this thread.

1 Like

Wait a minute, is that Jerrod Davis missing a tackle?

1a0194394e8137b1225e16e0dea90a4d78ca38f5%5B1%5D_LI

HE’S RUNNING THE WRONG WAY!

3 Likes

Hahaha, you don’t need me, you guys are on a roll!

I’m lovin’ this thread!

Damn, your dad got you a dog to celebrate Kennedy getting murdered? All I got for Reagan being shot was a Star Wars figure. I guess Hinkley needed to get the job done for me to get some of that sweet puppy action.

You’d have to understand my father. It goes waaaay back, to Papa Joe’s bootlegging days and Jew hatred. Plus shady unclear poo-poo with '30s Nazis didn’t help.