Happy With Sewell....But Parsons Is a Stud

Oh I’m still taking Sewell, I’m just stating the importance of both an O-line and a pass rush. Look how much better we were yesterday with a pass rush, especially in the 1st half. 4 sacks in the 1st half vs the Commies and they had 2 first downs all half. Too bad Hutch got the charley horse, and was slowed down in the 2nd, he might have had 5 sacks himself.

2 Likes

One thing about Sewell is he comes off as a natural born leader. Between him and decker they have great bookend tackles for at least the next 5-7 years assuming decker can keep it up and Sewell keeps growing (and we resign him of course).

So I love the attitude Sewell brings along with his talent.

I don’t follow the cowboys or parsons closely so I’m not saying parsons isn’t the same type of leader, if he keeps playing this way I’m sure he will be if he isn’t already.

3 Likes

Agreed brother😎

1 Like

Parsons is definitely a leader. Both verbally and with his actions.

1 Like

This is the biggest point to me….

Parsons was drafted as an off ball LB… so the team that drafted him didn’t even know he would be such a force as an edge rusher.

Which then begs the question… what the HELL was Penn State thinking when they converted him from a high school DE to an off ball LB???

1 Like

Yep I think he’s a multiplier, his confidence & energy is contagious. Probably part of the reason having guys come in on the Oline that are playing well enough to win

1 Like

I think a lot of people take a stud Oliner for granted, remember jeff sackus and dominic flagola?

Wouldnt take that pick back for a second, watching our backfield get massacred was awful. we have arguably one of the best Olines right now

2 Likes

*When healthy. Hope to see that eventually.

2 Likes

We got Sewell and Rodrigo

We good

1 Like

It’s clear to me the Lions have two elite level bookends on the OL. I’ve yet to see this franchise accomplish this before - so I’m thrilled with it. I hope they are able to keep both for a long time. Almost impossible to regret drafting Sewell right now. But yes Parsons is also fantastic.

2 Likes

What the hell are we thinking doing that to Barnes?

I thought he under rated by Lion’s fans typically. 8 times out of 10 he’s a guy I would take on my football team

1 Like

I agree. Raiola was the kind of guy we see playing for a team like the Packers and wonder why we can’t get a guy like that.

1 Like

Two problems with Dom,

1. Him plowing into the back of Lion players who were being held up in a pile of humanity

2. Him getting pushed back seemingly every time when it was third / fourth and 1. If it was a must have yard I would never run it behind Dom.

I liked his attitude but thought he was a below average center

1 Like