Harbaugh Stays @ Michigan!

Dude has a horrible year and gets a 6 year extension, wtf!?

Without seeing the contract details, my assumption is that, no matter how they’re billing it in the press, this is basically an incentive-laden one-year “prove it” contract. Harbaugh will get another season to try to fix the mess he’s created. (And as disgusted as I was with how we looked this year, he’s probably earned that.) If they look like garbage again, I assume it will be a fairly cheap contract to get out of.

2 Likes

As a Spartan fan I approve of this!!!

3 Likes

Yeah…and I think that’s fair…unless you can get Dabo or something crazy like that.

I knew it. Cowards. I’ll bet it was big money UM alumni who convinced them to cancel the UM / OSU game as there would have been too much pressure to fire Captain Comeback if they put 70 on him.

1 Like

As a Lions fan, am I wrong to feel like we dodged a bullet?

13 Likes

So I’m not a Michigan fan that would know about a potential search at all, but I saw Michigan having the same kind of problem Auburn did with their search. Who else were they going to hire?

I don’t think you’re wrong to think that. As a Lions fan and a Rutgers fan, this is good news!

1 Like

I don’t actually think Harbaugh is going to turn this thing around. At some point, UM is going to have to roll the dice on a younger, hungrier up and coming coach who looks to be able to actually, like, coach. But I can understand why they wouldn’t cut bait in the middle of a bizarre COVID year. And when they do cut bait, I’d rather them do it with enough lead time to minimize the damage to recruiting, which was already damaged enough.

1 Like

IOWA would have kicked the shit out of them this year, and I don’t see where next year will be much different so…GREAT!

2 Likes

I guess he sold them on the fact that they finally didn’t lose to Ohio State this year!

Calling in sick has its perks.

3 Likes

First year they haven’t lost to OSU in a long time, must be why they extended him!

1 Like

Cheap buyout, that’s the only number that matters. Not a fan of the move though.

2 Likes

yeah he goes back to Michigan and takes a pay cut doing that, instead of being GM /HC here…

Another mistake by the UofM

Meanwhile in East Lansing

march madness dance GIF by Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans

1 Like