Hard Knocks Episode 2 Comments

That’s good to hear! Many of us have been calling for that. I think we all saw enough of Boyle last year to know who he is. Blough at least has some ability with his feet.

2 Likes

Part of the culture is to show up in warrior energy on the field. You hear coaches reference it a couple of times “we’ll let the real warriors do it if you don’t want to…” that sort of stuff.

I’d call him off to the side 1 on 1. Make damn sure he knows how much I love him and believe in him, and that he HAS TO access that warrior, if he wants to be here. I’d coach him on energy and how to access it, giving him examples of it, and make sure that he KNOWS he has that in him. I do this with my clients.

I call it being “a loving badass.”

4 Likes

Blough has upside.
Boyle has a man bun.

4 Likes

Yup - I think a dude like Swift you have to hammer that into his head. How would the best RB in teh league walk, right now? How would he carry himself? how would he feel? What would his self talk be?

THIS is how I would talk to Swift!..listed below…

"You’ve got this - you have to CHOOSE TO “have it”
GO GET THAT SHIT!
TAKE IT!
IT’S YOURS!
IT’S YOUR GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to be the best version of yourself.
If you feel like you are BEING the best version of yourself, just tell me and I’ll never say a word.
All I’m doing is trying to get the ceiling out of you!
It’s best for you, for your family, for your teammates, for your bank accounts. For everything!
Go get that shit, Deandre! You need to believe in you the way I believe in you!

You’re gonna be SO proud of yourself when you start showing up more and more that way, brother! Get that dog energy out of yourself and stand up for yourself more strongly than you ever have in your life. Go clench your teeth and hit that ■■■■■■■ hole harder than you’ve ever hit anything in your life."

2 Likes

If Boyle was accurate, he’d be good, but accuracy rarely improves at the NFL level. He’s like a pitcher in baseball that can’t throw strikes but can throw 98 so you keep giving him chances.

2 Likes

Put St. Brown’s mentality and dog into Swift’s physical tools. Game over NFL!

1 Like

Hahaha! You just described Jamo!
…and you are correct…GAME MF’N OVER!

1 Like

Too much hype Natty!!! Randy Moss Jr is coming!

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

1 Like

Bro - the lions should hire St Brown’s dad to train them all! No BS whatsoever…only warrior…only focus…only winning.

Laser focus backed by education

1 Like

A pastor from my youth used to pound one particular scripture into my head. It took me a very long time to get it, if I ever really did.
Matthew 11:12
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.

If you want it, you have to fight for it!

3 Likes

And that is one encouraging sign from B. Holmes drafts so far, Sewell, St. Brown, Rodrigo, Hutch - These guys seem like super high energy dudes that want to fight and won’t just roll over when the going gets tough. That’s so important to changing the culture.

Every team has talent in the NFL, but not every team has the fight in them.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get hyped up for Hutch too.
Last draft we got
1st - Lawrence Taylor and Moss
2nd - Good utility guy that will be a B+ starter in 1-0n-1 situations often
3rd - Solid starting Safety
5th - Nice rotational, versatile mismatch problem of a TE
6th - Sam Mills
6th - I dunno what to make of Houston, but it looks like he’s on the roster and outperforming what I thought he would
7th - Not sure what to make of Lucas

2 Likes

Okay, I’m tapping out here! Too much koolaid for today. haha

2 Likes

Today’s press conference was very telling.

On Swift, Campbell pretty much said that Swift has been very capable and wanting to be more since they moment they stepped in the door.

That said, I could read that as he may not fit the Lions Grit like the guys they’ve selected. Maybe they are trying to adapt Swift but he’s not really a DC kind of guy overall. Swift isn’t going anywhere as he is a top 5 NFL scat back… but I wouldn’t be surprised if they look for a top RB next year as Swift comes to a new contract.

As to the first string defense. He said that the team needs to trust their coaching and the assignments, and the players next to them. They didn’t get beat physically by Atlanta. He’d be ok with that. They got beat because they didn’t trust. It’s a great insight into what he sees as the gap for the defense.

When talking about Rodrigo, he almost slipped and said he will be the starter and corrected himself and said he is on the right trajectory.

4 Likes

Just having fun…sorta. :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think the way shep handled it was well done. That needed to be done in a group setting so no player was singled out. Shep also made it clear the message of it wasn’t Rodriguez being the teachers pet or some all world player ( though I hope he is) it was stating that a 6th round rookie was doing the little things that these vets still weren’t doing. That’s not good enough and the message was step up or get replaced.

5 Likes

We’re gonna trade Swift and a draft pick to Denver for Davonte!!!

Yes, thank-you! People are getting too hung up that he is a sixth rounder. He’s a football player that had some of the best stats in the COUNTRY at Oklahoma State. He was underdrafted because of his arms and his height. But look at everything else – his combine, his unreal bench press performance, his heart, his vision. If he had average arms and average height, he’s a second or third rounder. He could be special. Don’t sell Rodrigo short, he could very well be our best LB since Boyd.

3 Likes

Dude, I’d love to see Rodriguez become the next Zach Thomas. I’m just not ready to put those expectations on him yet. Right now I’ll take him being a special teams ace. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

2 Likes

I see what you did there!

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

4 Likes