Has YOUR culture changed?

In history most Super Bowls have been won by teams played outdoors in cold weather. The Rams (while in STL), the Colts (in Indy) and the Saints are the only indoor teams to win a SB. The Bay Area is thought of as a warm area because it’s in California…but it does get cold up there.

There aren’t very many true warm weather teams in December.

I think domes are also a detriment.

vs. SF, DAL, LA, OAK, TB, NO, STL, WSH (push) and KC (push).

And when you do the math record wise, it isn’t even close. IF you generously give KC and WSH to warm instead of cold, it’s like 34 - 22 or something. If you don’t, it’s even worse.

You are adding some teams that haven’t won in 30 years. San Francisco isn’t warm. Have you been there? Oakland isn’t warm and hasn’t won in 40 years (I think in LA the last time). Sure, the Dolphins won a bunch of titles in the '70s. So did Dallas. Is that really relevant today?

If you want to claim that warm weather helps a team win championships (today!) then there has to be a little more than 30 year old teams from a different era.

Um, I was agreeing with you and doing the entire history of the Super Bowl to prove your point so not sure what we’re discussing.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for clarifying and the additional information.

I’ve only casually followed the lions. Now that I actually follow them I have hope and will drink the blue kool aid

1 Like

Welcome to Hell.

2 Likes

The winds of change are a blowin’…

…but it’s only the calm before the storm.

I fear no team put on front of us.

It took Philly everything they got to walk out of Motown with a win. We made Washington look like a JV football squad for that entire 1rst half.

Dan Campbell is creating a monster and has every player on this roster believing in the unbelievable.

Sunday marked the end of a 23 year streak of mine, dating back to the fall of 1999. I had not missed a game over those 2 decades, whether it was live radio or television. All streaks come to an end, but boy was it worth waiting a day to watch the whooping we put on Washington.

Not entirely, but a little bit.

I still predicted the lions would lose to the Commanders. I still thought the lions would lose when Washington gained momentum in the 3rd quarter. I still predict the lions finish last in the nfcn.

But, at the same time i do feel optimistic about the long term for the team and there are some players im actually excited to watch on Sundays. I love the coaching staff and renewed optimism in the fan base.

Still not there, but it feels like it’s happening.

1 Like

So far the running game looks better than I can remember ever seeing in 20 years of watching them. We have 372 yards and 7.2 ypc in 2 games. In some previous seasons the rush was so pitful, I was wishing they could just have 1 game with 100 rush yards and reach 4.0 ypc on the season. The play calling, number of big plays and passion from both players and fans also seem improved.

Having said that, I’m keeping expectations low and won’t believe the culture is better until they win a playoff game. The reason I say that is Lions have gotten off to great start many times but then lost in 1st round or didn’t even make playoffs at all. There were 5 seasons since 1991 that they started 6-2 and no playoff wins. I think they win around 6 games this season, which would still be better than last year.

Well, all alone, last in the NFCN. Anybody know when World Cup Soccer starts?

1 Like

Actually, my culture needs to be changed. Sorry guys, I’m old…

1 Like

Exactly this a show me league where moral victories are irrelevant. Until proven otherwise SOL will always be lurking in the background

2 Likes

Annnnnd… the “lecture other fans” thread takes a kick in the nuts by the SOLs

3 Likes

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

3 Likes

Bump,

This is still the best lions team I’ve seen in 8-9 years.

It was a tough loss today. Is still believe in Brad and Dan. One game isn’t gone change my mind. We’ve been competitive in all 3 games and I expect that trend will continue.

Overreaction Monday……get it out of your system and get ready for the Seahawks.

1 Like

Willy Wonka Smile GIF

1 Like

I’m not asking for a Suberbowl win. I’m not asking for a playoff berth. But, goddamn, can we not finish last in the NFCN again?!

2 Likes

That movie is a documentary about being a Lions fan!!