Have defenses figured out Stafford and the Rams?

They are one Dimensional they can’t run ball sure they have few good runs but teams have beat then stopping the pass.

They also have trouble stopping the run.
Not many teams do well without balance both on attack an on defense.
Thats why they get beat bad when they come up against good teams.

2 Likes

I think teams just know how to stop Stafford and he doesn’t know yet how to overcome. He had his big games against lesser teams and now coming back down to the average. He’s just showing what he is… above average, but until he proves it he’s not in the same class as Brady or Rodgers or manning (Peyton).

They’ve had a very nice schedule so far… let’s see what happens when they play more division games… but then will those losses be because of him or other teams have figured out McVay?

Or maybe… Stafford is just an average -above average QB?!?! Because he’s never had to deal with the potential adversity he’s going to face? Hey I just caught a pretzel…

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Big ego but forbid you ever talk about piping his girlfriend, because maybe she’d like it….

Lol I do think he has a big ego but at the same time, big ego does not equal a self confident person…

And what do I know I don’t know any of these people!!!

They traded away their future to win it all this year.

Their best players are 33, 32, 30, 29, 29, 28 and Ramsey is the baby at 27…. That’s bad! Odell about to turn 30 too

Making the playoffs doesn’t matter. Goff made playoffs in 3 of 4 years as a full time starter. He won at least 1 playoff game in 2 of 4 years.

They traded for Michel, OBJ and Von Miller this year. Compare this to the 2018 roster.

Is Stafford better than Goff? Yes! Can he win big games against top teams? No!!!

1 Like

Agreed, that’s pretty much the key to the Rams turning it around. OBJ and Stafford figure it out together or it gets ugly.

1 Like

It’s funny how the Stafford supporters that were saying “I told ya so” when the Rams were winning have all-but have disappeared once the Rams started losing, like cockroaches when you turn the lights on.

Stafford’s QBR over the last two games, 16.9 and 33.6…wow.

I can’t wait until the Rams lose at Green Bay next week.

3 Likes

What’s funny is the stories we make up in our heads, in order to feel important.
:wink:
Do you really believe anyone is running (especially like a roach), because some dude they will never meet is in a slump at work on the television?

2 Likes

I agree with this. No idea if it will get better or not, but they were talking immediately after. And if I had to take a guess, it was Matt saying something like “if you stop or slow down on me, you’re going to get overthrown.”

How it pertains to the season - again - no idea. But plenty of receivers have talked about Matt slinging it, be it hurting their hand or them underestimating where the ball was going.

1 Like

Nate Burleson tells all kinds of stories about Matt but he remembers a few moments early on that made the light bulb come on that he was playing with a gunslinging super freak. I think he said in practice was when he realized to never think you are out of range for Matt’s arm. But it was in a game where Nate was completely covered and about to give up on the play where Matt zinged it right by the defenders ear hole that Nate really got the hint. No other QB he’d played with would even attempt that pass, much less be able to put it on the money without the defender having a shot at it. After that Nate said he got the hint…with Matt you never quit on any route. You are never out of range and never “too covered.” This ain’t Baker Mayfield.

1 Like

I’ve never understood this stance. What are they supposed to do? Make excuses and come up with reasons why it isn’t staffords fault? I think it’s justified and makes sense that when he plays like crap and loses, they go quiet. I respect it :man_shrugging:t2:

They get ripped for being quiet and ripped for making excuses…lose lose. No wonder people gloat when things are going good. Because the other side of the fence is waiting to pounce!

If you are quiet when things aren’t going well, then STFU when they start going well again. That’s the solution.

1 Like

Is this realistic though? It’s either someone runs their mouth regardless, with excuses. Or eats crow when they are wrong. I prefer and appreciate option 2 over 1. Because you can’t stop people from talking trash

Yes, its very realistic. There are plenty of people here who have opinions about things that they have expressed but don’t start threads gloating about it when it looks like they were right.

1 Like

You are coming at me like I’m guilty of it lol. I am not a I told you so person In the slightest.

I dont think Wes was coming at you…but there are plenty here (when the Rams were winning) that stood on a soapbox saying McVay was a fricking genius and nobody could question his greatness and that Stafford is great and just needed out of Detroit to prove it, all of which still might be true still (time will tell) but there were a handful that questioned whether Stafford could step-up in big games or against winning teams and that seems to be holding true so far too. There were also some that questioned McVay, the Rams O-line, and their defense as well. That team was clicking out there, now some think they might not even make the playoffs…idk.
But all of a sudden those same posters that were gloating have all-but disappeared. No worries, they’ll be back and make their voices heard if the Rams start winning again…but their schedule is brutal from here on out, so not a whole lot of pushovers the 2nd half of the season like they had in the first half.

1 Like

Heck we almost beat them. Had a lead in the 4rh quarter but when Parker got hurt his backup got torched

1 Like

The Rams boards are pretty funny to read through. I highly recommend a lurk if one has the time

1 Like

I think the media was so infatuated with pumping up the Rams that there was not much discussion about how lucky and opportunistic they were early in the aeason.

Bears were manhandling them in the run game early… but Nagy’s insistance on trying to play Dalton may have cost them the game. A bad turnover early, refusing to take the points and kick FGs, and 2 blown coverages.
If Nagy hadn’t been a complete moron… that game could have gone quite differently.

Colts game was close… and another HC gaffe helped the Rams. Colts had the ball at 1 yard line. Wentz had just returned from his foot injury. If I am the HC for Colts in that situation… I sure as hell prepare my 6’6" tall… 230 pound athletic backup QB (Eason) to be ready for goal line situations… particularly a QB sneak behind Quentin Nelson. Then Wentz got hurt… again… in 4th quarter to make it easy for Rams to close it out.

In week 3… Rams started quite slow on offense.
Then CB Jamel Dean left with injury… and his replacement was picked on all game long as Bucs had to play their #4 and #5 CBs. Dee Delaney had played 1 snap before that game, and steuggled so bad that they knocked the dust off Richard Sherman before the team landed back in Tampa.

Week 5… was a tight game.Rams led 9-7 when Russ broke his finger… and it was on a 2nd down… causing the Hawks to hand off on 3rddown and abandon the drive. Rams scored on next possession and got Geno Smith in 4th quarter.

That is a lot of luck and good fortune in 5 games.

1 Like

It’s not you. I triggered him.

I don’t know Mcvay from Mc Donald , don’t care. I gave Stafford PRAISE when he was EARNING IT , I gave Stafford lip when HE WAS MESSING UP…always been like that…concerning myself. He doesn’t have excuses when he falls apart and plays like crap ! I said many times that he had no excuses to do that, even last game. but anytime.

Here he had PLENTY of help messing things up Playing for The Rams??? I see HIM making mistakes ! I’ll call his ass out for that anyday to.

YET, (when he is playing well, I will give him the praise he is due) fuck sides ! and childish chest thumping or right fighters !