Have Howie Roseman and the Eagles

Yea the Saints are confusing to me as well. I thought they should have pulled the rip cord for a season or two by now, stacked a couple picks, and reset. Houston did that and look how fast the trajectory of that franchise changed. The only thing I think might be preventing NO is simply that division. It’s so bad that they have a legit shot at hosting a playoff game every year even with a mediocre roster.

I think part of the issue is the coach. He probably doesn’t want to hit the reset button until he feels comfortable enough in his seat that he can survive a few down years.

The Eagles are and will continue to chase the Saints with their contract proration, but they haven’t approached the Saints destruction yet. To see where a team stands from the use of a credit card (void years), you can use OTC’s calculator and trade everyone on their roster and see where they stand. Trading as opposed to cutting won’t account for the guarantees that are remaining on the contract as they are traded to acquiring team.

If you do this:

• Eagles are $60M over the 2024 salary cap
  • Saints are $134M over the 2024 salary cap
  • Lions are $108M UNDER the 2024 salary cap

We will lose some more cap space when we sign extensions and hand out some signing bonuses.

**Edit: Also the Eagles are building option bonuses into their contracts where contracts for Hurts, L Johnson and others will increase the can kicking each and every year and they will slowly move to catch up with the Saints.

1 Like