Hilarious Bryce Young moment...He probably doesn't agree

Bryce’s o-line has been pretty dog poop this preseason. He will be on the run for sure if they don’t see some big improvement. Guy has killer awareness though and he already played with a bad o-line at Alabama.

1 Like

He’s definatey a talent. Surely tired of hearing about size and whether it matters : )

Haha I knew it! You rock Mags

1 Like

Great points, @maggie.m

1 Like

Yeah but college is different than the NFL too. It’s when the pocket collapses on you or when the opponent’s big DL steps into your throwing lane etc. that it becomes an issue.

But as I’ve pointed out that didn’t seem to affect other small QB’s that much. The question for me is how much of a hindrance is it really?

I’d think it would become a bigger problem when you line up under center and that pocket collapses quickly.

Also I’ve noticed that smaller QB’s tend to jump throw too. How does that affect accuracy and the deep throw?

I do think these are legitimate points or concerns but how big is it really? …. Are they enough to convince me not to take a stud talent? …. Probably not.

One thing NO recognized was they needed to get stud IOL for Brees to have the best chance at success.

Point being there are things a team can do to minimize this concern.

As Tom Brady pointed out, every QB in the NFL is viewing the action thru windows and throwing thru lanes. NFL offensive and defensive lineman are simply too big. Taylor Decker is 6’-7".

COUSINS25