History repeats itself

Might as well start planning for who you want at 18 sorry fellas

3 Likes

With James Houston, I think Smith would be redundant.

4 Likes

I hear ya, but with 3 guys gone next year ROk, JOk, and C Harris I think it’s a real possibility.

I posted a quote from Holmes interview from his St Louis days about adding to the DL even when they didn’t “need” to.

And then you got Campbells quote about the few guys that’s stood out at combine.

I think he will be the pick come draft day

3 Likes

In fact, if I had to pick what I think happens come draft day , what actually does happen :

1. Nolan Smith Edge
    18- Calijah Kancey DT * most likely trades up

Then DBs day 2

No inside info. No mock pundits saying this. Just my own guess

4 Likes

History repeating means we would likely panic after Sea takes Carter and we then take Bresee.

3 Likes

Lol yup. That would happen to us. But I have a lot of faith in Holmes and Dorsey that it wouldn’t happen. Thank god.

Interesting people wanted to trade up so badly for Anderson but not for Carter. I want Carter!

Taking Bresee, who had virtually no production, would be an impending disaster.

1 Like

Despite the physical attributes, not a lot of college production from Smith:

In contrast, Tyree Wilson had two years of solid production:

Lions are going Myles Murphy and then O Cyrus Torrence.

1 Like

I think both of those players go towards the end of the first and I don’t like either for the Lions… Torrence isn’t athletic enough and Murphy doesn’t have much pass rush ability right now, but he may sneak into the top 15.

2 Likes

Yes, and having guys who only under contract until next year, well it doesn’t mean that we can’t re-sign them or that we don’t already have guys behind them. John Paschal, John Cominsky and Julian Okwara. In fact I expect those guys to be taking way more snaps this year.

The only history repeats will be from the last two years…. All other history is archived baby!! :crazy_face:

In this scenario it is likely that wilson is there and the lions would take him. If wilson, anderson, and carter are all gone top 5 you may just see brad and dorsey go ar15

I’d rather have Van Ness at 6 than Smith. Van Ness at least replaces production lost by Romeo and Harris after this year.

I like Smith, but as said, with Houston, he’s a bit redundant…although you can use him in more ways than Houston.

1 Like

Arizona is trading out of 3 IMO

1 Like

I dont see anyway that brad would take smith at 6. Wilson, murphy, anderson, carter, or one of the top 3 qbs is significantly more likely in my estimation of what he would do.

1 Like

I agree but Smith bring more to the table. Smith is a all 3 down player (complete linebacker) where as Houston is more a pass rusher and not a great off ball linebacker imo

1 Like

Yep.
You have a flaming need for QB with the team picking at 4, plus question marks (nationally anyway) at 5 and 6, then another flaming need at 7.
If someone wants QB #3, they’ll have to pick #3 to get him.

Exactly. Smith would play the Micah Parsons/ Hassan Heddick role of off Ball LB and then pass rusher. Houston just comes in on 3rd down.

Hutch, Smith, Houston, Cominsky, Romeo
AA
Sutton, Moesley, CGJ, Kerby and Tracey

That’s such a sick Nickel Nascar package

1 Like